Hayabusa Tools...

bacharles

Korrup~shun!!
Donating Member
Registered
O.K. guys and girls, here's the scenario:

When I was taking my bike apart to have the wheels and stuff chromed, I noticed that I did not have the proper tool to loosen the hexnut from the front wheel. I also have a partner with the tools from his GSXR 1000 and he has none also. What I want to know is...Is this common? I've gone to the Suzuki dealership here in my hometown and no one can seem to help me. You all don't even want to know how I loosened the hexnut. I can only imagine from the shape of the hexnut what the tool is supposed to look like, but can someone please clarify this one for me if you can? I am a fairly mechanically inclined person, but this has really been bothering me. If there is a specific tool that I am supposed to have, then I want it. I just can't imagine Suzuki not adding this all-important tool in it's set of on-board tool kits. Will b^tch about this one until I get an answer.

P.S. Please forgive me if I missed a reply to this type of question in the past, but I can't find anything yet related to it.

Brian

The axle bolt is 22mm, you can use a 22mm allen socket or a 22mm L-shaped allen wrench.  I picked one up locally here in Dallas from http://www.metricmcc.com/

Suzuki does not give you the tool, because they want you to come into the dealer for service.
eyes.gif

Thank you very much Puck. That was very painless. BTW, how's that bike? Still looking good? Mine should be near perfection once my parts arrive. Funny that this guy, who is also the manager at our local Suzuki dealership, swore to me up and down that I had the tool in my tool kit. Thanx again for the help. He definitely deserves an asswhooping.

Brian

The axle bolt is 22mm, you can use a 22mm allen socket or a 22mm L-shaped allen wrench.  I picked one up locally here in Dallas from http://www.metricmcc.com/

Suzuki does not give you the tool, because they want you to come into the dealer for service.
eyes.gif
Hey Puck,

Since you were the first to give out the info, I guess I can let you in on how I got the nut loose. You may want to sit down for this one. Hold all giggles and applause until after you read this TWICE. I used the fat end of a file, stuck it in the hole and twisted it loose with a crescent wrench. It worked though, and might not be as funny as I previously thought. I did say previously that I am somewhat mechanically inclined. "Work Smarter, Not Harder" is always the key for me.

Brian

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Sometimes we just have to do what we have to do...
"Adapt Improvise and Overcome"

When it comes time to put it all back together, I wouldn't recommend the same way.  The torque settings for the axle are 72.5 lb-ft and 16.5 lb-ft for the pinch bolts.

You might check your local Sears or Auto Parts store for the 22mm socket.  I couldn't find anyone that carried a socket that large, so thats why I went to http://www.metricmcc.com/

My bike is doing fine, had some problems with the starter, but thats been corrected.  Your bike should be looking sweet when your all done.
eyes.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I took all my tools out from under the seat... The bike is that good I only do work on it at home... And I add I let my 3 older brothers that ride HDs know it to... They need a basket for the parts that fall off and all their tools in a truck to follow them when they ride!! LOL I have one Busa shirt they have a ton of HD shirts from all over.. I laugh and tell them I don't need a shirt to show I own a Busa I can show up on it.. With all the time their HDs are down they need the T shirts to show they have one at home in the garage!!! LOL

I took all my tools out from under the seat...  The bike is that good I only do work on it at home...  And I add I let my 3 older brothers that ride HDs know it to...  They need a basket for the parts that fall off and all their tools in a truck to follow them when they ride!! LOL  I have one Busa shirt they have a ton of HD shirts from all over.. I laugh and tell them I don't need a shirt to show I own a Busa I can show up on it..  With all the time their HDs are down they need the T shirts to show they have one at home in the garage!!! LOL
I carry just in case but I get your point...
wink.gif

eyes.gif
Hey Puck,

Since you were the first to give out the info, I guess I can let you in on how I got the nut loose.  You may want to sit down for this one.  Hold all giggles and applause until after you read this TWICE.  I used the fat end of a file, stuck it in the hole and twisted it loose with a crescent wrench.  It worked though, and might not be as funny as I previously thought.  I did say previously that I am somewhat mechanically inclined.  "Work Smarter, Not Harder" is always the key for me.

Brian
Whoa and I used a loose nut (one we found that would fit)and adjustable pliers to get it off got to purchase an allen...
rock.gif

When it comes time to put it all back together, I wouldn't recommend the same way.  The torque settings for the axle are 72.5 lb-ft and 16.5 lb-ft for the pinch bolts.
Oh no! Definitely won't do that. I will look for the stuff that you suggested. Thanx anyway.

Hey, this turned out to be an informative thread for some people. I guess you all won't have to call me "MORON" anymore. (hahahaha)

Brian

All my tools are in a pack pack now when I take it. I think I still have room in the hump when I put them back.

Back