Swing arm tool

karnage

Registered
Anyone here have the tool to loosen the swingarm pivot nut that I can borrow??I have seen them for sale pretty cheap and could make one maybe at work.I can maybe find a socket close in size and mill it on the end mill at work.

you dont need a tool man, that thing not on very tight. take an old chisel and grind it down blunt. whack it lightly in the slot a time or two and it will come right off.

I have the official suzuki swingarm tool and those puppies aren't cheap. It seems they are around 60 bucks for the swing arm nut and 85 bucks for the steering stem attachment that make a set.

You can bust the jam nuts loose without the tool..torquing on the nut you will need the correct cut socket...make them or buy them (not suz part#)...a milling machine or a cut off wheel will get you the part that you need...take off enough material on the socket to fit the nut...craftsman sockets will do the trick

Yeah I thought of just using a blunt chisel or a brass punch to knock it loose.I may just make one out of a socket on the mill at work.30mm socket about right??

Back