Hayabusa stalled

Why not start at the very basics....
If the battery died or maybe disconnected the bike can shut off.

Why not start at the very basics....
If the battery died or maybe disconnected the bike can shut off.

Yep, could be something that simple. A buddy of mine stalled out while we were riding and it ended up just being a loose battery terminal and we were back riding in short order.

There are a lot of replies here. I may have missed something when reading thru them...
My question is... Did you try to restart the bike when this happened?
i wasn't able to restart it. i pulled off to a side road and after counting my lucky stars that i wasn't in heavier traffic, i tried to restart the bike. nada. green light came on cuz i had the switched the bike into neutral and the oil light came on. friday, took the bike down the street to get gas and back. about 1 mile total trip. saturday, met the wife for lunch, 1.25 miles from home. after lunch, decided to take the long way back. this is when the bike shut off. was in 2nd gear, doing maybe 45mph getting ready to switch to 3rd gear, maybe i did switch idk. after stall, turned bike off, pulled out key, then reinserted key, turn key to on position, and nada. no turn over clicking sound. tried starting the bike in N and in 1st gear. bike is currently sitting in shop. stinks that i can get any answers until tuesday. i know the better the safe than sorry motto applies here, especially have that much pwr on 2 wheels. just hate to have to drop almost $200 for what is probably a simple 2-5min inspection to diagnose the issue, then wait for a repair bill.

i wasn't able to restart it. i pulled off to a side road and after counting my lucky stars that i wasn't in heavier traffic, i tried to restart the bike. nada. green light came on cuz i had the switched the bike into neutral and the oil light came on. friday, took the bike down the street to get gas and back. about 1 mile total trip. saturday, met the wife for lunch, 1.25 miles from home. after lunch, decided to take the long way back. this is when the bike shut off. was in 2nd gear, doing maybe 45mph getting ready to switch to 3rd gear, maybe i did switch idk. after stall, turned bike off, pulled out key, then reinserted key, turn key to on position, and nada. no turn over clicking sound. tried starting the bike in N and in 1st gear. bike is currently sitting in shop. stinks that i can get any answers until tuesday. i know the better the safe than sorry motto applies here, especially have that much pwr on 2 wheels. just hate to have to drop almost $200 for what is probably a simple 2-5min inspection to diagnose the issue, then wait for a repair bill.
lol... i would do unspeakable things for a 200 doillar diagnosis and a simple repair bill.... count ure blessings... at least it wont be thousands.

Let us know what the shop says and we'll help from there. Have you dealt with this shop before?

You're right. A good Tech will probably know what's wrong in 5 or 10 minutes. That's his job. He should have the knowledge and equipment diagnose it quickly. (That's a Good Tech at a reputable shop/dealership.)
I have two friends that work in the shops at different dealerships. One is at a Harley dealership. The other is at a dealership that handles several brands of sport bikes. I had a chance to talk with both since this thread started. They both told me there shops will apply the cost of diagnosing a problem to the cost of repairing it. And they both said that was pretty common at any shop. Is the shop you have your bike at making you the same offer? Sounds like most reputable shops will.

UPDATE: finally heard back from the dealership. KIWI RIDER nailed it!!! 2 bad spark plugs. he said bike was running off of 2 cylinders. while not related to the shut down issue, he also recommended the clutch fluid be replaced as it was more than 2yrs old. i added an oil change and a state inspection. total bill = $430. he stated the diag fee is absorbed in the repair vs a separate fee.

UPDATE: finally heard back from the dealership. KIWI RIDER nailed it!!! 2 bad spark plugs. he said bike was running off of 2 cylinders. while not related to the shut down issue, he also recommended the clutch fluid be replaced as it was more than 2yrs old. i added an oil change and a state inspection. total bill = $430. he stated the diag fee is absorbed in the repair vs a separate fee.

Good to see you have it taken care of...
I am curious to see what others think of changing the clutch or brake fluid by age. I'll probably catch some heat for saying this. But I don't do it...

Good to see you have it taken care of...
I am curious to see what others think of changing the clutch or brake fluid by age. I'll probably catch some heat for saying this. But I don't do it...
I change mine every two years or so....if I ride more, I change it more often (once a year).

Back