Oil level

hayabusa8878

Registered
I changed the oil on my bike recently. And ran it for a couple hundred miles. It has the 1363 motor. I had a hard time telling what was level when checking the oil by myself. I had a friend sit on the bike and hold it level. It was off from the window of oil. So I added more oil. It was down like .6 of a quart. Hope I did not do any damage?? I did not hammer on the motor. And I am running straight grade oil in her. Should I be running Mobil? Synthetic the way to go?

It was down .6 quarts?? Oh yeah, you're screwed. Buy another big bore kit and give me that one.

Honestly, you could probably run our motors with .5 quart of oil in them, as long as it doesn't have catastrophic failure, it will be fine.

When i worked at Enterprise Rent a car, we routinely had Chrysler products burning up oil. I had a neon get returned one time, check the oil, and it was low. I added 4.5 quarts. Ran fine. (except for the burning oil proble).

Oh and buy the way, any Chrysler product=sh!t. Sorry if you drive one, but I had 80-100 of them in my fleet and they were the most problemson P.O.S.'s you could ask for.

Your bike holds apx. 4 quarts so it had plenty of oil in it. And yes, yes, yes, to synthetic. 10-40 or 20-50 weight.

if your still in your breakk in period please use conventional motorcycle oil as synthetic will take longer to break in your motor and seat the pistong rings etc id weight till around 1500 miles or so to switch to synthetics.

All above good info...I would add....do a search for a research chart on the org that compares all the oils, great reading, BTW Amsoil was tops in most catagories. Also, the ability of the Busa to pick up and circulate oil exists significantly below the window so don't fret, you're OK! Raydog

if your still in your breakk in period please use conventional motorcycle oil as synthetic will take longer to break in your motor and seat the pistong rings etc id weight till around 1500 miles or so to switch to synthetics.
Sorry but that is not true. With todays modern rings and metals break in occures within 100 miles with or without synthetic oil. Look at the new corvett it comes with synthetic oil in it from the factory. Infact if you don't use synthetic oil they will "void" your warrenty. There pistons, rings, and sleves are made with basically the same metal composition as our busas. I just built a 400+ hp turbo 08 busa and it made those pulls with less than 200 miles on it with guess what oil was in it "SYNTHETIC" Red Line 10-40. I assure you it has no blow by and if I were to do a leakdown test it would pass with flying colors.

Back