Hayabusa Pro Bolt body bolts . Review

c10

Registered
Uploading a video currently. Here are some photos.

DSC_3154.JPG

Hey c10,

Do the Apex wheels take the standard hayabusa rotor bolts or are they different?

PS: What the heck are you polishing that bike with? That is an impressive shine.

Hi arch. If you want a show car shine on your ride you could try Maguire's Ultimate polish. It's not a wax. It's a Polish. It washes off in rain or in your driveway when you wash the bike. You have to reaply. Or put wax on top But it surely does shine

Much better c10 for longevity going for the flanged race hex over the domed , when choosing aluminum . The domed , even when careful , tend to scar up quickly in the tool slot in my experience in black aluminum .
I went domed black titanium in those bolts , all the bodywork including front guard actually , at the expense of some extra weight , the gloss black ti dome bolt is a beautiful fastener .
Pro bolt do a nice rotor bolt in ti if you are interested Willie , sets available for front and rear wheels and colors too .
Also , pro bolt do an aluminum threaded sleeve , in all sort of short lengths in M5 , M6 and M8 . They used to supply them with bodywork fastener kits when that business first got started , then they swapped them for cheap plastic , which don't last well if you are ham fisted .

I use them with my ti bodywork fasteners for a long term lightweight fastener setup .

Last edited:
After seeing the pics above and not reading one single post, I'm wondering why would you weight bolts that go on an already heavy bike? Those little changes won't make any difference. Would they?
A gen 2 2013 to present abs bird tips the scales @ 589 wet. Mine is down to 511 wet @ last weigh in over 3 months ago. There has been another few pounds shaved since then. Also wheels that are saving over 10 pounds are on the way to my house via ups.
This puts my bird @ sub 500 pounds with a 150 pound rider. I probably own the world's lightest weight touring Hayabusa.

DSC_3318.JPG

Careful with those Pro-Bolts. I have a thousand bucks in aluminum and some Ti bolts on my 14. Working on the busa! Still plenty to replace on my 14 though. Least cost effective weight loss I have ever done but awful darned fun! You check Ebay and you sometimes get can come across aluminum and Ti bolts a lot cheaper than Pro-Bolts. Can't get the color but VHT anodized paint on the head---no one will ever know the dif. VHT gold Flame-Proof for a nice metallic gold color.

Reactions: c10
This puts my bird @ sub 500 pounds with a 150 pound rider. I probably own the world's lightest weight touring Hayabusa.

Now you have gone and done it
You have started. contest.
You will have guys measuring Micro Grams now :)
Back in my day we use to figure every 10 pounds lost or gained was the equivalent of 1 horse power. (Not sure who decide this It was just a given this was true). So on top of everything else you have also gained the equivalent of 8 horsepower in acceleration when the wheels arrive Maybe even more

View attachment 1599232
[/QUOTE]

A gen 2 2013 to present abs bird tips the scales @ 589 wet. Mine is down to 511 wet @ last weigh in over 3 months ago. There has been another few pounds shaved since then. Also wheels that are saving over 10 pounds are on the way to my house via ups.

View attachment 1599232
That was/is a serious weight loss for your bike for sure.

Will sub 500 include all the touring bobbles (bags, etc)?

Back