Black Anodized Bolts

InfiniteReality

Registered
I've gotten as much as I can from Pro-Bolt, but still missing a few miscellaneous bolts I'd like to change to black. Anyone happen to have a site I could find these at?

Thanks!

Front Caliper Mount Bolts
Rear Caliper Mount Bolts
Front Axle Bolt (or maybe it's a nut?)
Black Banjo Bolts for all brake lines

Galfer should have the brake banjo bolts, the caliper bolts you could probably get from lows or home depot, they would be black oxide steel though not anodized aluminum. Be careful with the Pro-Bolt stuff it tends to be $h!t (there are a few threads on that stuff). :beerchug:

The caliper bolts are high stress bolts and this is why you will not find aluminum bolts for those .
Rustoleum Satin Black is your friend !
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...t-oleum-satin-excellent-rattlecan-things.html

I hope you did not get any black sprocket nuts
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gene...d-always-give-your-bike-close-inspection.html

2nd one !
https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/general-bike-related-topics/131486-kml-im-you-pro-bolt-sucks.html

I still have the black Allen head bolts in cases and stuff but all Pro-bolts and nuts that could cause me harm if they fail have been removed.

I ordered lines from H E L and they gave me black fittings and banjos

Last edited:
^ +1 i just painted my bolt heads

2a9ctwx.jpg

mutrwl.jpg

e00bcp.jpg

Last edited:
Nope, no sprocket nuts though I did order some lighttech ones (and rear axle nut). The adapters on my swingarm to fit the stock widened wheel allowed me to use bolts to attach my sprocket so I don't have a use for them. I have painted the allen head bolts I didn't feel comfortable changing like the rotor bolts, rear master bolts, rear set bolts, etc. I just used satin black and used a spare allen wrench to put inside each hole when I sprayed to keep it clean. :) Also painted anything and everything I couldn't PC satin black easily.

SNC19085.jpg

SNC19092.jpg

Racer_X and you can also use a black sharpie on your rotor bolts .
A few coats and they will be black and last !
Ssssssh insider secret :laugh:

I'm having second thoughts on the lighttech axle nut. Makes me worry a bit about it though I haven't put her on teh road yet. Think I should go stock?

The Litetech stuff I have seen is good .
I saw a sprocket nut that was all aluminum but it was nice and thick , no inner steel thingy.
Whats wrong with the axle nut ?

Nah, nothing is wrong with the axle nut, just making sure it's not like the Pro-Bolt stuff for that one for sure.

Pipe is painted with a satin black engine enamel. I'm going to have to modify the pipe to fit on the swing arm, it just barely touches but with the suspension moving up and down, it won't be good. It's not everyone's favorite, but I've been itching for another 06 1K pipe like I had on my 03 so I ordered one. I'll get it welded onto the yoshi mid-pipe so it'll connect just like the carbon R77 can would. Selling the carbon R77 pipe if anyone is interested.

Also did the permanent marker mod on the bolts. Pictures really suck, they look almost exactly like anodized black bolts in person, definitely no purplish tint. Awesome mod and looks sick, highly recommend!

SNC19111.jpg

SNC19121.jpg

SNC19133.jpg

Sharpie to the rescuuuuuuuuuuuuu ! :laugh:

Did you do you front axle nut and pinch bolts with the marker as well ?
If so it looks great I may have to run out and hit Blanca again with the Sharpie !

Ps...on rotor bolts take that sharpie and stick it in the holes and roll it around.
You can still see the inside is white..

Last edited:
Yep did the front axle nut too. Wish the pics were better, but night/day difference!

I actually painted the rotor bolts when the wheel was apart, I just used an allen wrench inside it when painting so when I put it back on, I could torque it to spec and not worry about the paint chipping off. :) I may go back with the marker since it won't be any issues with that, just need a fine tipped one. :)

Back