Hayabusa "feels" slow?

dstungah

Registered
I'm new to the boards, this is my first post! Hello all!

I found this at http://www.hyp4r.com/hayabusa/theone.htm

"The Hayabusa is fun - nothing like having the reputed fastest bike in the world between your legs.  Unfortunately it can be too much fun - why ?
The bike feels slower than it really is.  Speed on the Hayabusa occurs very quickly.
One minute your doing the speed limit the next few seconds your way over it.
To get the adrenalin going requires far greater speeds than the norm.  
You will be tempted and more often than not you will succumb to that temptation.  
It can get you into trouble very quickly.
It is harder to control in most situations."

Does anybody agree that the busa "feels" slower than a 600cc bike?

What they mean is that the bike doesn't seem like it is going as fast as it really is.

Imagine a econo car like a Cavelier on the road at 80mph, now compare that to a big Caddy at 80mph. Both are going the same speed, but since the smaller lighter car is trying much harder to maintain the speed, it seems like it's going faster.

In no way are they implying that the busa feels or is slower than any 600.

Capiche?

(dstungah @ Jun. 25 2007,14:13) I'm new to the boards, this is my first post! Hello all!

I found this at http://www.hyp4r.com/hayabusa/theone.htm

"The Hayabusa is fun - nothing like having the reputed fastest bike in the world between your legs.  Unfortunately it can be too much fun - why ?
The bike feels slower than it really is.  Speed on the Hayabusa occurs very quickly.
One minute your doing the speed limit the next few seconds your way over it.
To get the adrenalin going requires far greater speeds than the norm.  
You will be tempted and more often than not you will succumb to that temptation.  
It can get you into trouble very quickly.
It is harder to control in most situations."

Does anybody agree that the busa "feels" slower than a 600cc bike?
The Hayabusa feels slower because it is heavier and the wind design of the bike is exceptional.

Speed does occur VERY quickly.

For the speed limit I recommend either a HUD or a radar detector.

I disagree, my adrenaline is revved up by the time I get to 60, but the reality is that 2 seconds ago I was at zero.

It does have the potential to get you into trouble, however personal restraint is very valuable in dealing with any machine that has +100 speed capacities, including "mere" 600 cc motorcycles.

It's not harder to control in any situation. "Control" is a sense in this case, something you are mentally feeling. The Hayabusa has a very long wheelbase, doesn't wheelie automatically, handles corners well, and can do much more depending on your needs.

I would agree that it "feels" slower, but I personally think it feels slower for a reason and that is the design of the bike. Personally, I don't think it's a detriment.

What I feel about the Busa is that it is so stable it provides a false sense of security.

I have been on lesser bikes that start to wobble and feel real unstable a 140

I have had the throttle wide open on the busa running as fast as she would go for miles at a time and she just feels real stable at highspeeds.

So yes, false sense of security could get a person into trouble

(thrasherfox @ Jun. 25 2007,14:24) What I feel about the Busa is that it is so stable it provides a false sense of security.

I have been on lesser bikes that start to wobble and feel real unstable a 140
+1

Can't believe how stable the damn thing feels on the highways at high speeds.

to me it feels better at 120 than it does at 70. She just WANTS to go fast. But at 120 it "feels" more like 70. Way to easy to go fast on this bike. She requires lots of respect and restraint.

By the way
post-52-02136-welcome.gif
and if you check the
post-52-02162-rulez8bn.gif
we require pics of your ride!

I agree BusaBrett, it justs feels better at higher speeds, but restraint is definitely required.

I've had the Busa feels slow thing.. for me its just i got used to the power/acceleration .. just do a one down two up gearing change and it'll feel much faster.

I don't think he's complaining about it feeling slow, I think he's saying that he's going down the road, and when he looks down at the speedometer he's going way faster than what it felt like he was doing. And yes it WILL get you jammed-up if your not paying attention. I don't know how many times I've just been rolling down the road, see a cop on the side of the road, look down to see I'm doing like 15 mph over the speed limit.

The busa is boring! :-) Until you twist the throttle! Just cruising down the street minding my own business, then, someone wants to play. Bam! 90mph like right now! Light speed in a school zone!

Happens to me in the morning commute. No other traffic to gauge myself off of, I will look down a lot and be doing 85 90 when I thought I was running 60 65. Join the club. Just another reason this bike is king, takes no effort to get yourself in trouble.
beerchug.gif

"I disagree, my adrenaline is revved up by the time I get to 60, but the reality is that 2 seconds ago I was at zero."

What are you on ??....Valium ??
tounge.gif

My adrenaline is pumped parked at idle.....
cool.gif

The REAL illusion is after a high speed run of ten or twenty miles when you're coming off the throttle.....it looks LIKE 60MPH................

WHEN YOU'RE ACTUALLY STILL DOING 110 !!!!!!
super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

.......Not that I've ever gone that fast or anything...... uhh...that would be ILLEGAL in most states...
cool.gif

That would be the RIGHT answer....right Charles ?.......

super.gif

super.gif

super.gif

cool.gif

(BusaBret @ Jun. 25 2007,14:43) By the way  
and if you check the  
I dont have one yet!  
sad.gif
  I'm looking at this bike at the moment, Click me!.

The asking price is $9k.  What do you guys think I should end up paying for it?

And thanks for all the welcomes!  Soon enough I'll be a full fledged member with my own busa!

(dstungah @ Jun. 26 2007,05:34)
(BusaBret @ Jun. 25 2007,14:43) By the way
and if you check the
I dont have one yet!
sad.gif
I'm looking at this bike at the moment, Click me!.

The asking price is $9k. What do you guys think I should end up paying for it?

And thanks for all the welcomes! Soon enough I'll be a full fledged member with my own busa!
For less 1k more you can have a brand new bike. And depending on the outcome of supposed unveiling this week in Vegas my get one for about the same. Be patient! If a new Busa does come out the dealers are going to be flooded with like new trade ins and be looking to liquidate their new 07 stock. There will be good deals to be had soon. Good luck with your search!
biggrin.gif

Back