Hayabusa dream abandoned :(

Rongotti

Registered
After dealing with the moronic Susuki dealer here in Jax, I have decided to get another bike beside the busa. This being my first sportsbike, I am taking my time to make up my mind. I had my friends Interceptor all weekend and loved it. Being 5-11 and 283 lbs I was quite suprised how comfortable it was. Right now I am leaning toward one of 6 bikes. Honda 04 intruder, 03 954RR ($11,000 bike knocked down to $8,000 nice deal), Blackbird 1100XX, Ducati 749, Triumph Daytona 955 or a Sprint ST (Triumphs version of the interceptor but comes with detachable hard bags). I was wondering if I will still be welcomed here, and if anyone had any opinions on these bikes I have listed. Please save the "busa will smoke those" comments, as I could care less at this point. I love the Busa and would have owned one by now, have it not been for the horrible experience with my local zuk dealer. After looking at these other bikes the electronics on the busa seemed a bit primitive to me to be an 04, I know that is not a big point to most of you, but I love the digital speedos. Todd I hope we can still shred the streets of Jax even without my busa
thanks in advance guys

Go to a different dealer!! If a dealer is not treating you right then take your money elsewhere that cant be the only dealer in your area. Or try to find one from a private party.

The bikes you listed are a wide range of different kinds of bikes. So it depends what kind of riding you are going to do. The only one I can personally comment on is the VFR I had a 97 for about 4 yrs. It was a very nice bike never had any problems with it. It also had the smoothest trans out of any bike I have owned.

If this is your first bike I would go with the VFR or the 749 then when you outgrown it get the busa down the road. just my .02 Good luck on what ever choice you make.

Everyone is welcome to the board everyone here has a least one thing in common and that is we like to ride motorcycles.:D

If you truely want a Hayabusa you will get one, Iknow there is none other, and you will be very happy,,,,,,,but pls be careful. I am for-sure you can purchase one for under 10k

Best thing is to list all the thigs you wat in a bike, and then get a bike to fit your needs.

ider Fit
Rding Syle
Cost
performance
durability
reliability
Mods
Custom equipment available.
maintainence
etc.

Busa is a great bike, but the othes are good bkes also. Make yourself a Xcell spread sheet and map it out

Yes you will still be welcome, but how much would a Busa site do for you if you don't have one and don't wish you have one. If you choose a different bike, I hope it is for more resons than an azz dealer and primitive guages.

Like Ninja said, make a prioritized list of the things that are important to you and rank all of those bikes according to the list....the one with the highest overall rank is what you shoul buy. Then go find a dealer you are happy giving your money to. If you go with a Busa, stop by the other dealer's place to shop for accessories.....but don't buy anything!

When I first inquired about a busa, the idiot at my local dealer was putting it down, telling me to get a 1000. I told him he was retarded and the customer is always right!

Yup good old Ron Turner lol first they tell me oh well were not getting any more in till Nov. All they had was a blk and purple (I hate purple) said theyy could "Find" me a SE for $12,641 OTD. That is when I said enough is enough and went looking elsewhere.
To answer your ? my preference would be, 1-9 1 being most important
Rider Fit 1
Rding Syle 4
Cost 9
performance 2
durability 5
reliability 3
Mods 8
Custom equipment available 7
maintainence 6
Cost I could care less. Dealerships in Jax dont let you test ride any sports bikes so I have to buy it to ride it lol. making this decision that much harder. Right now I must admit I am leaning towards the Triumph Sprint, or in the Honda dealership can find me a new one the blackbird

<!--EDIT|Rongotti
Reason for Edit: None given...|1089224863 -->

Errrr.... Chicago Cycle Center is advertising Busas for less than $9000...

That's not altogether true, but you'll easily get into an LE for less than $10,000.

Hit another dealer.

Trust me on this...

For the rest of your life you'll be wondering what it would be like to own the king of the beasts...

Dude based on your own criteria, and your experiance I would say buy the Interceptor... poop hot looks, and she'll last forever. Sweet Bikes... That's where my money would land, you cannot beat that V-four sound either... Cats ass....

Yup good old Ron Turner lol first they tell me oh well were not getting any more in till Nov. All they had was a blk and purple (I hate purple) said theyy could "Find" me a SE for $12,641 OTD. That is when I said enough is enough and went looking elsewhere.
dude dont sell yourself short trust me i went to ron turner last winter pricing bikes and all i found was a bunch of no talent ass clowns not even 10 mins in there i bounced like a bad check da hell up outta there FUNK dem
as a matter of fact, a gang of gsxr riders i kick it in JAX from 600's to busa's are tryin to boycott ron turner go figure but look around before you sell yourself short and say to yourself 'damn what if.........' im livin proof and 2 busas in 2 years i'll never look back
cool.gif

My advice to Rongotti is to just simply go to Cycle Trader and query a search for Hayabusas. I'm willing to bet you my paycheck that you will find a NEW bike plus what it costs to ship it to you for less than the Ron Turner quoted OTD price of $12,641. I'm so sure of this that I would purchase you a brand new Zero Gravity Double Bubble windscreen along with a Hayabusa.org t-shirt if you can't beat that price.
biggrin.gif
And before any of the rest of you guys try to jump on this one. This one is STRICTLY for Rongotti...
tounge.gif

Brian

Bro I'll be the first to tell you, if you really want something and settle for something else you'll never be truely satisfied (like me settling for some of the women I've dated instead of waiting for Halle--yeah I've learned
wink.gif
)

Also you and I are very similar in size and the only bikes out of that group that will be comfy for you are the Blackbird and the inteceptor. The 954 is a stunt/racing bike man and your wrists & back will be screaming bloody murder. Never sat on a Triumph though, so no comment there.

As for acceptance, I'm sure you've been posting here enough to know it's a community and noone is going to clown you (maybe joke you a lil
tounge.gif
) about the bike you ride. I truely think that if you settle for anything other than what you want, you'll be less than satisfied. My .02.

BD

I'm actually a huge fan of Champion Cycle out of Chicago. When I purchased my brand new Busa in 2002, I got it for $9,365 (actually was $9100 w/ $265 setup cost...). It cost me exactly $500 to have it shipped to me here in Louisiana. Then tack on another $702 in taxes for La. and I had a grand total of $10,567. My local dealer would not go less than $10,500. I saved myself $720 by going with an out-of-town dealer. Now, had I been off that week when I purchased my bike, I could have saved myself the $500 and took the 14hr drive myself and picked up my bike. And since that whole week I worked was overtime, the shipping was actually FREE if you really want to get technical.
biggrin.gif
I was saying all this just to simply say that you can DEFINITELY find a better deal out there if the Busa is what you really want. Just my .02, but it can sometime be worth a million buck... or $720 in this case.
laugh.gif
tounge.gif
wink.gif

Brian

Thanks for all the advice guys, I really appreciate it. I am not rulling out a busa in the future, I just think that with the way things have been going (insurance quotes, ahole dealers, and me finding another bike beside the busa that would be comfortable) now isn't the time. I talked to the Honda dealer that I deal with and they can order the triumph as well as fit me in with a nice Honda. I can ge the 954RR for 10599.89 OTD that is $401 under msrp not bad, but price isnt my big concern I will gladly pay more for a bike that is going to be more comfortable for me. The Triumph Sprint is basicly the English verison of the Interceptor (witch is the ONLY bike I have riden that wasnt a cruiser) , has a 955 vs an 800 and comes with removable hard bags, all the reading I have done looks good for the ol chap so I might be going British. I did just get an email from Bill Lennons cycle world in St. Augustine for a blue and silver busa otd for $11915 that is over $1000 cheaper than Ron Turner. Such a big decision and an even bigger headache to go with it lol.

I don't understand this comfort thing...I ridden alot of bikes and by far the Busa is the most comfortable bike out there...Maybe you should look at like a Goldwing or something...And it's kind of like Thinker said if you ain't on a Busa what's the point...
evil.gif

I don't understand this comfort thing...I ridden alot of bikes and by far the Busa is the most comfortable bike out there...Maybe you should look at like a Goldwing or something...And it's kind of like Thinker said if you ain't on a Busa what's the point...  
evil.gif
A goldwing is a touring bike, I want a sport tourer BIG difference!!! And Thinker said if I dont have one or want one, but I do want one, just realizing that now may not be the best time for me to get one. I'm the type of person who thinks things happen for a reason, and maybe the 05 or 06 model will have the digital instrumentation I am looking for.

evil.gif
A goldwing is a touring bike, I want a sport tourer BIG difference!!! And Thinker said if I dont have one or want one, but I do want one, just realizing that now may not be the best time for me to get one. I'm the type of person who thinks things happen for a reason, and maybe the 05 or 06 model will have the digital instrumentation I am looking for.
Don't go huffing and puffing...I don't think you were specific that you wanted to stay in the sports touring category...I was only giving you another option...Anyway I can also see why you would want to continue to come to this board there are alot of cool folk here and friends to be made...
evil.gif

evil.gif

If you're looking for a great sport-tourer, the Yamaha FJR1300 is probably one of the nicest bikes you'll run across.

It's more on the tourer side than the sport, but it's still a very well-regarded machine, performance-wise.

The Intercepter is also an excellent choice.

Good luck!

Back