Hayabusa chain tension

Well put the Busa on the rear-stand tonight while talking to Yort (Good talking to ya bro). Anyhow, I got the chain adjusted to 1" total slack, but noticed something while cleaning the chain, and wondering if I should have some concern about this little discovery.

I have no sprocket play, so that is nice and tight, BUT I do notice the chain has a little play from side to side on the sprocket. I haven't measured with a Micrometer, but I'm thinking about 1/32" maybe a tad more - of side to side play - the chain can move back and forth on the sprocket, and wondering if this is Normal. Rear Axel seems seated properly, left & right side Gilles adjusters both equal measurments.

Thank you Sir - Everything has been a learning experience on this bike. And it is really nice to get Facts from people who know, instead of just guess.

I appreciate everyone's input on this thread...great people here at the Org!
beerchug.gif

Happened to me! At around a 100 lol. Tightened the chain to much, had a passenger, rolled into boost, chain let go and blew through the external fuel pump, damaged the case and the swing arm. Bike instantly shut off due to loss of fuel pressure but pump continued to pump fuel all over me and my passenger.

I thought it was oil, till i slowed down enough to smell it... Jumped off the bike and prayed it did not go up in flames!

It was a scary learning experience!

I always adjust it on rear stand ,make sure you are checking tight spot on chain ,push on rear wheel so it is touching adjuster blocks and torque wheel nut.(mark tightest part of chain).Put bike on to side stand recheck chain on tightest spot ,I like 30mm minimum up-down add together (30-35 mm is perfect)to allow for rider weight,to tight puts pressure on the gearbox shafts.

Back