hayabusa brake upgrades

probusa

Registered
hi all i have started getting probs with my front callipers sticking on when im out for a ride.i have been told by the garage that i need to buy more callipers,but if i do go down this road would i be better off getting an upgraded brake system?
does any1 have a upgraded system?or could you tell me where to start looking.
i have a bike show to go to at the weekend and my bike will be going under cover soon so i'll be able to play about with her for next year.
any info would be of help
kind regards
probusa
jump9.gif

have you cleand the caliper thoroughly first? Take them off and check the seals. Also change your fluid. Should be back to norm then.

As for caliper upgrades there are a few out there. Brambo, APRacing, and a few others to look at. They're not cheap though.

i got the garage to clean them. the fluid i hav'nt done yet,i think i shell get the garage to change the fluid tho i've always toped it up never changed it so you could be right there.
as for the seals i know for a fact they have never been done,i didnt even know they had seals
all_coholic.gif
lol

(probusa @ Sep. 27 2007,13:59) i got the garage to clean them. the fluid i hav'nt done yet,i think i shell get the garage to change the fluid tho i've always toped it up never changed it so you could be right there.
as for the seals i know for a fact they have never been done,i didnt even know they had seals
all_coholic.gif
lol
Hmm. Brake fluid shouldn't require topping off routinely. You may have something wrong with the brakes. Is there dirt accumulating on the calipers or anywhere the brakes lines are? I would have it looked at.

Have they removed the calipers and done a full range of motion while cleaning?

Also, if you are topping off the fluid, you probably have it overfilled. When the brakes start warming up, the fluid expands and has no place to go other than pressing on the pistons. The fluid level needs to be at or slightly below the fill line.

it's weierd i've never had a problem with them before but very slowly i can see the level go down then i top it up.i only told garage to clean them and thats all he done.he said if it keeps doing it buy more callipers.
i was told it could be master cylinder or somthing but i dont really know what im looking at/or for.
there doesnt seem to be fluid on the floor where i park the bike.

The level will gradually go down as your brake pads wear down. That's normal. Did you pop the cover and make sure you don't have too much fluid in the system?

Back