Hayabusa 03 brake upgrade - advice needed please

GeorgeM

Registered
Hi everyone
I have a new hayabusa 03 and I am looking to upgrade my brakes (was surprised how bad they are).
I have read quite a few threads so my understanding is that one of the good options is the following:
1. Brembo M4 Monoblock 100mm Callipers
2. Radial Calliper adaptors, as the Brembo callipers will not fit directly
3. Brembo 19x20 M/C
4. Spacers to the radial adaptors
Is this correct?
I have already changed pads and put braded hose as well as having a full check/clean of the current callipers and it made no difference whatsoever.
Has anyone done this and if yes, is there a place around Birmingham West Midlands who can do a decent job?
Many thanks in advance guys
George

100mm radial Calipers are generally European bike specific. 108mm is what the bulk of the Japanese bikes use as OEM. Brembo Makes them both. You can use either, just might have better luck finding the latter. If you are planning on using the stock size 320mm rotors you may need to shim the calipers out on their mounts to fit. I have less information on the Centerline spacing of the stock rotors vs the new Calipers/radial adapters. I know that a lot of people ran into issues with swapping parts from later model Suzuki's in this regard. Suzuki did us no favor in going to a smaller (310mm) diameter rotor and also screwing with the disc spacing on the Gen 2 Hayabusa's. Search on here for Brake Upgrades or Brembo Caliper upgrades and you will likely find more info.

Heres what I did,SS lines, gen 2 forks, Brembo MC, Ebc Exterme pro pads and EBC rotors. You could just add the Brembo MC to your build and some EBC Exterme pro pads and it will make a huge diffrance in breaking.

Heres what I did,SS lines, gen 2 forks, Brembo MC, Ebc Exterme pro pads and EBC rotors. You could just add the Brembo MC to your build and some EBC Exterme pro pads and it will make a huge diffrance in breaking.

The Master cylinder, and the EBC Extreme pads would be the next best thing.

Thanks very much with this valuable info.

It seems with the brake issues of Gen 1 there is no end, as there are many different options. It does depend I guess on the budget that one can offer to have this fixed.
The official Suzuki shop I took my bike to (unfortunately I do not have the technical knowledge to do this on my own), don't seem to like the radial calliper adjusters since it is an extra thing in the whole breaking system.
What is your opinion on this please?
Regards
George

Stock calipers DO work ok if serviced...new seals etc...kits aren't that expensive.
Brake lines if not changed will be well past it....new stainless etc lines will improve the response feel.
If your an aggressive / late braking rider then a M/C upgrade is sensible...when I had mine I used the radial GSXR K7 unit...then because i got them cheap i fitted adaptors and GSXR radial Tokico calipers......Brembo versions now available as well as Nissin B-king units.
Fitting the radial M/C is the only really bug as you have a reservoir to mount which often obscures the temp gauge.
Once thats all done your better off than stock Gen 2 bikes.

Back