Callipers upgrade

6 mirrors total....
and I see all those retards riding without ANY mirrors around! (never understood why).

I would love to ride with your bike at some point to see how all those mods and weight savings feel...!(especially the brakes though...)!
Daniel I haven't taken the big GSXR 1000 mirrors off yet . I doubt the little bar end carbon fiber jobs will satisfy me , but they are light , and a great friend made them for me as a gift .
The weight is shocking . My brothers 2015 is a pig compared to mine .

Apologies for a slight diversion...

c10, you mention you trimmed the screen for clearance. May I ask how you did it?

Dremmel ?
Sand/buff by hand?
Cardboard template?

Reactions: c10
Apologies for a slight diversion...

c10, you mention you trimmed the screen for clearance. May I ask how you did it?

Dremmel ?
Sand/buff by hand?
Cardboard template?
Dremmel will MELT your screen ;) I have a portable band saw that does the job . Blue painters tape the screen so you do not scratch areas you are not cutting off . If you do not have a band saw with a GOOD blade a 12 inch hacksaw blade works with one end wrapped in tape as a handle . You want the blade to flex / follow the line. So it works best out of a hack saw carrier . Once cut I use a course file to round everything evenly followed by a fine file . Then 800 grit / 1000 / 1500 / 2000 to produce a factory looking edge .
When you ready to do this let me know , and I can make a example video from a old wind screen in the attic .

Thanks for the shout out @c10 ! My Brembo MC fits with the reservoirs on the top clamp. I do have them angled downward a bit but since it's a one finger operation it works fine.

Hello guys.
My busa is 2gen from 2010 with NO abs
I want upgrade my stock callipers.
What calippers are best?
And i want the best plug&play ones.dont want changing nothing.
Just off out the stock ones and put others.
What bikes (specify please)have same callipers.
I can buy a USED ones with little money.
I you guys know where they are selling please put link.
Thank you
In my humble opinion, with the stock master cylinder on the busa, your upgraded calipers won’t do much for you. I tried pads, calipers, braided lines and nothing came even close to the massive improvement and feedback I got from upgrading to a brembo 19RCS master cylinder. If I had to do it again, I would do master cylinder with braided lines and be done. Pads can be done when they finally wear out and a new set is needed.

Hello guys.
My busa is 2gen from 2010 with NO abs
I want upgrade my stock callipers.
What calippers are best?
And i want the best plug&play ones.dont want changing nothing.
Just off out the stock ones and put others.
What bikes (specify please)have same callipers.
I can buy a USED ones with little money.
I you guys know where they are selling please put link.
Thank you

I have a Brembo MC off an R1 on my 09 with Brembo calipers, steel braided lines, EBC discs, EBC HH sintered pads and my bike stops like nobody's business...

I will be changing out my clutch reservoir with something that matches the brake MC this winter as I like them to look somewhat symmetrical.

I have a Brembo MC off an R1 on my 09 with Brembo calipers, steel braided lines, EBC discs, EBC HH sintered pads and my bike stops like nobody's business...

I will be changing out my clutch reservoir with something that matches the brake MC this winter as I like them to look somewhat symmetrical.
how did the R1 parts fit up, was there any customizing or straight bolt on.

As part of my winter project, I'm in the process of swapping over to an R1 Brembo radial mc with braided lines. Bolts up no issues. Clearance is yet to be checked as bike is still in bits. Also decided to do a clutch radial at the same time.. will see how they look and work soon
I have an uncut Puig double bubble and Heli bars and there are no clearance issues with the R1 MC and braided lines.

I have an uncut Puig double bubble and Heli bars and there are no clearance issues with the R1 MC and braided lines.

Can you take a photo for us? I wish the damn zx14 masters would fit. I have both clutch and brake side sitting but they hit the inner fairings.

Back