2009 brake upgrade advice please

bigboy

Registered
I got a bone stock 2009 and the brakes sucks. I want to upgrade what do you guys suggest? My thoughts were to get a brembo setup but I'm no expert. Tell me what I should do

I got a bone stock 2009 and the brakes sucks. I want to upgrade what do you guys suggest? My thoughts were to get a brembo setup but I'm no expert. Tell me what I should do
I started with pads and lines, then added a brembo 19RCS and then got brembo calipers from a member here, but I have to admit that the brakes where already pretty amazing before the caliper upgrade and I just got them for the looks. Some people upgrade lines and pads only and seem to be happy.

Ok I'll start there and work my way up. Any suggestions on best pads and lines?
If @Berlin Germany jumps into this thread, prepare yourself for a lecture....

I have Brembo calipers from a newer Hayabusa, EBC 5.5mm rotors, EBC HH sintered pads, braided lines and an R1 Brembo MC...

I upgraded my suspension as well so if I get on the brakes, the bike stops really well without bottoming out the front forks.

If @Berlin Germany jumps into this thread, prepare yourself for a lecture....

I have Brembo calipers from a newer Hayabusa, EBC 5.5mm rotors, EBC HH sintered pads, braided lines and an R1 Brembo MC...

I upgraded my suspension as well so if I get on the brakes, the bike stops really well without bottoming out the front forks.

Those rotors are also about a pound lighter each too, which is a noticeable handling improvement/flicking the bike side to side, especially with proper suspension.

Hi. I went with Beeinger Brakes they are 1 step below the brakes on the motor GP bikes not cheep about $4,000.00. The suspension front and rear is also upgrade wheeles are Marvic also another $5,000.00.

yeah @Bumblebee

here i am - grin

no lecture - only a sentence or "two"

what i found out is that the tokico-radial-calipers at the ´08-´12 can !! be bad - so i had with the k8 of a busa-buddy here.
no idea what was/is the reason for that behavior - same type (gen2 / tikoco) of cals at his turbo and those work super nice.

@bigboy

2 ideas how to go ahead
1. deep cleaning (like here) of the calipers + new pads
2. mounting the (golden) brembo cals of the the gen2 from ´13 and later
_________________________________________________________________________________

at last lil hint (basing on my own experiances at my gen1) - mount additionally the radial brembo master from the 749/999 ducati - it is a 17/19 and best choice for street use
for race use get a 19/19...20 radial. but attention at non-abs-bikes - the bigger piston dia (19mm) causes damn fast an overbraking in shock/fear - brakings (not so the 17s)

no sress at abs-bikes - the abs buffers the danger of overbraking away and the front wheel stays where it belongs.

Back