Brembo Brake Upgrade

Gen 1 or 2,,, if Gen 1 Just do Brembo RCS master cylinders!

If a Gen 2 then the same as above, and new Calipers

who can school me on some Brembo's? lookn to upgrade and not sure wat to get. any suggestions?[/QUOT

who can school me on some Brembo's? lookn to upgrade and not sure wat to get. any suggestions?
Hi GNBRET What year is your bike ? I have a gen 1. I went with Beringer you should look into them. D M E and Frog Specialties have them. If you want call me at 774 328 2265 Looks like we are building about the same bikes! lets share some idears .

who can school me on some Brembo's? lookn to upgrade and not sure wat to get. any suggestions?
Mate here just put brembos (Suzuki )on his 09 model with brembo master cylinder, had to get handle bar extended to allow master cylinder (wider) to fit

I wanted to go with Berringer actually at first and had called Frog to ask if they still offered the berrenger/roadloc caliper combination but apparently they don't offer it any longer but their poop is really nice and still on my short list for sure

I would start with Master as well and steel braided lines if you havent already. Some rocking pads and you should be good i bet.

I was where you are a few years ago. I started this thread then. I could not be happier with the 4 pad Brembos I have. YMMV

P1030517_crop.jpg

kool thanx. yea I did brake lines, levers, rotors and pads so I figure the MC and maybe rotors wud be next

that looks great bro! thanx. sounds like a great idea. u did both clutch and brake? where did u purchase from and how much for that setup? can't believe they stole it. I guess u never heard anything I assume?

Last edited:
I got John putting me together a parts list so I don't miss anything I will update after its installed.....:race:

I got John putting me together a parts list so I don't miss anything I will update after its installed.....:race:

I MAY be interested in this too as I have a Gen I and that's one thing that I think would make it even a better bike.

Take lots of pics when you do this and post them for us. Thanks.

Same as Pm,,

Here is every thing for the top clamp set up,, Masters, Fluid cups, and brackets.
Clutch Master,,
https://www.sportbikes4hireshop.com/ecommerce/product_info.php?cPath=77_146&products_id=257
Switch, is in a drop down menu tab for the clutch switch, $11
Brake Master,
https://www.sportbikes4hireshop.com/ecommerce/product_info.php?cPath=77_78&products_id=58
Reservoirs,, are your choice of Style,, But you need 2, as well as the brackets,, I used on all my bike, the CT450b, Sweet is not Cheep!
https://www.sportbikes4hireshop.com/ecommerce/product_info.php?cPath=141&products_id=230
Any questions, call PJ, and tell him i referred you, and he will take care of you.
Also, make sure you ask for the Radial brake line adapters, or you will have a problem with the length of the lines.
All of this is an upgrade for the Gen1 forks, and calipers.
If you want to upgrade to Gen 2 forks, it can be way better, with Brembo HP calipers, but that many more $$$$

I copied John. This is really a great setup. I have the cheaper 108 mm Brembo calipers though, still significant improvement over stock with SS lines and even over stock with the Brembo Master Cylinder.

so what are my options with the Calipers? I have a set of Gen II forks I can use so any suggestions?

Not just as simple as swapping forks. Best to swap the whole front end if your hell bent on radial calipers. The 999 calipers I have are simply awesome, and the swap couldn't have been simpler.

Think front bake "systems" (disks, calipers, lines and MC). I have heard of GSX 1K full swaps, Kawasaki full swaps, then Brembo and Behinger (spelling?). My experience is with Brembo, which is an amazingly effective fix. You can also go to a 320 mm disk with spacers on the calipers to accommodate the bigger disks. Not sure of the value of this but if you turn your disks red hot on a regular basis this might be for you. On the Brembo the 108mm are about $1,200, the HP's are the gold standard at about $2,000. That's just calipers!

The biggest thing I noticed with the brake upgrade was not all out stopping power but control. I now brake with just one or two fingers. You can feel the tire on the ground, and trail braking deep into the turn is very easy. Feel is amazing and you feel much safer.

I'm pretty sure you know all this though GNBRETT. Good luck with the upgrade and don't forget lots of pictures. Let us know what you are considering and why you made the choices you make.

Back