Gen 1 Brake Upgrades - Brembo

where do you stand on your bike?
Currently in NY working on a fueling issue. Got new tires, RCC case saver, Healtec quickshifter, new Microtech secondary fuel controller, and a few other things. Been busy working on my Harleys. Got a new swingarm in. Once I get the bike back I’m bringing it to EJR to set it up with a new Penske shock. He is great at setting them up for roll racing. So looks like springtime before I’ll really be able to open it up. This is my current project in the pics.

AB7C169C-BD55-48CD-960F-0C9A9022A347.jpeg

DFFB0C58-9D2A-4705-9684-30BA8351AE16.jpeg

Currently in NY working on a fueling issue. Got new tires, RCC case saver, Healtec quickshifter, new Microtech secondary fuel controller, and a few other things. Been busy working on my Harleys. Got a new swingarm in. Once I get the bike back I’m bringing it to EJR to set it up with a new Penske shock. He is great at setting them up for roll racing. So looks like springtime before I’ll really be able to open it up. This is my current project in the pics.

View attachment 1655551

View attachment 1655552
NICE

Joining old thread. I bought a used 05 Busa with 900 miles on it. It has factory rotors but upgraded Brembo calipers and Master. At 900 miles I did notice a rattle when I went over bumps. It gradually got worse until at 1300 miles my rotors were noisy as hell. The carriers have worn significantly. I bought some new Braking Brake rotors. I have no idea what wore them out so quick.

Last edited:
Joining old thread. I bought a used 05 Busa with 900 miles on it. It has factory rotors but upgraded Brembo calipers and Master. At 900 miles I did notice a rattle when I went over bumps. It gradually got worse until at 1300 miles my rotors were noisy as hell. The carriers have worn significantly. I bought some new Braking Brake rotors. I have no idea what wore them out so quick.
Many people have done this exact same modification with no issues.

I take it before hand, you could spin the front tire freely when it was on the front stands?

Perhaps the OEM rotors were wore out before changing out the calipers and the extra grabbing power from the MC and calipers put them over the edge...

Are the rotors centered in the calipers/pads?
Are there drag marks or heavier wear on one side of the discs vs the other?
The gen2 Brembos need the correct adapter to fit the gen1 fork lowers.
I don't know if there is a way to get them bolted on and something be out of alignment, but I would definately check behind someone else's modifications.

Back