Front brake help and new seats

Hayabusa_Heaven

Registered
Hi Everyone,

I'm after some advice, i had a set of chromed standard callipers fitted about 8 months ago, i've done about 1000 miles on the callipers. My bike went into the painters where he fitted some new brake pads for me (i know, i was being lazy lol). The bike has sat in my garage, i've not been able to take it out since as i live in England and the weather sucks. The temperature has been down to -6. The front callipers have started to 'seep' brake fluid. There is a drop of fluid appearing at the bottom of the calliper about one a day. i've tried cable tying the front brake leaver on to see if one of the seals had split but no more fluid came out. There is still normal brake pressure at the lever but it is still 'seeping'

Has anyone ever had this problem or can offer any advice before i have to get the callipers re-sealed which will cost me about £200, after i have already spent about £6000 on it last year.

Also check out my new seat covers, had them done by a local guy in snakeskin

RyansHayabusa23.jpg

DSC05109.jpg

Last edited:
could it be that the halves are somewhat loose and not tight, but then i guess air would get into the lines, heck it could be a piston seal or a halve seal, or for that matter a line could be leaking...sorry i guess im not much help, maybe someone with more experience will chime in...good luck, bike looks good, i like the forks they look sharp:thumbsup:

Honestly, if you had a shop do it for u, you should just call them and tell them what's going on, and bring it back to them to fix their mistake.

A few questions here, did you replace all of the seals when you re assembled the calipers?

Who re assembled the calipers?

Are you sure the brake fluid is not coming from a crush washer?

A few questions here, did you replace all of the seals when you re assembled the calipers?

Who re assembled the calipers?

Are you sure the brake fluid is not coming from a crush washer?

I exchanged my standard callipers for the chromed ones, all of the seals were changed prior to me having them fitted on the bike. They have been fine on the bike for about 8 months with no leaking.

They have only started to seep since the new brake pads have been fitted, was wondering if there was some sort of overflow pipe. All of the washers seem fine and the tops of the callipers are bone dry.

Was wondering if there is any chance the extreme cold could have had an effect on causing the metal to shrink slightly or something daft like that

:dunno:

I exchanged my standard callipers for the chromed ones, all of the seals were changed prior to me having them fitted on the bike. They have been fine on the bike for about 8 months with no leaking.

They have only started to seep since the new brake pads have been fitted, was wondering if there was some sort of overflow pipe. All of the washers seem fine and the tops of the callipers are bone dry.

Was wondering if there is any chance the extreme cold could have had an effect on causing the metal to shrink slightly or something daft like that

:dunno:
I would make sure that all the bleeder screws are tight, as well as the Banjo bolts!

There is no overflow pipe at all they are sealed units!
If the problem persists i would contact the chrome r that you got the calipers from! I very well could be a seal between the two half's of the caliper!

I would make sure that all the bleeder screws are tight, as well as the Banjo bolts!

There is no overflow pipe at all they are sealed units!
If the problem persists i would contact the chrome r that you got the calipers from! I very well could be a seal between the two half's of the caliper!

I'll have a good look at them tomorow and keep you updated, cheers for the advice

:beerchug:

I think it's the brake rotors ... I am pretty sure they are the problem take them off an send them to me I will send you back my oem ones. :whistle:

Nice bike:thumbsup:

I think it's the brake rotors ... I am pretty sure they are the problem take them off an send them to me I will send you back my oem ones. :whistle:

Nice bike:thumbsup:

Nice try lol :thumbsup:

They are called Armstrong Wavy discs, i've not had a chance to try them out yet, been crap weather since i got the bike back from the painters, i'm sure they are going to cut the hell out of my hands when i clean the wheels :lol:

I would say check the wayvyour seals are seated in the halves I had the same problem on my 03 sometimes after they are chromed they are not cleaned out properly or cleaned out too much

You can rebuild the calipers yourself. There's only a small o-ring sandwiched between the two halves. To try and find the leak you can put some talc powder on them to help trace the source first.

I think i've cured my leaking callipers :cheerleader: It would appear that the gremlins have been at work on my bike and loosened the main calliper bolts that hold the two halves of the calliper together, i tightened them up and it doesn't appear to be leaking anymore (fingers crossed)

Back