Having 2nd thoughts about my bike...

Hey Big D - I wish that I had some good words of wisdom for ya, but I don't. So just know you got people thinking about you and have your back if you just want to vent. Sometimes the best thing in the world is to just "talk things out loud" to yourself. Suddenly it all becomes clear as a bell once you hear it out loud.

thanks Kristin-truer words were never spoken:beerchug:
or more appreciated:thumbsup:

Well I think the problem is your are a menace on the roadway regardless of what you drive:rofl: totalled the cars smashed the bikes an smashed the fiancee.... DAM DUDE!!!

How's about you put an alarm an a kill switch an give the MRS. the ability to kill the bike when speed alert goes off at home an MRS kills your bike for you before you kill yourself..:laugh:

Now to be serious if you can admit that you lack self control maybe a governor on it to help you keep your throttle hand in check. I don't think a different bike will be any different most of these cruisers hit triple digits anyway they just more unstable at higher speeds. Hang a pics of the family in your car an on your bike if thinking of orphaning your kids an leaving your wife to find another man to take care of them an her can't help you keep it real on the roads an be safe I can't imagine what could.. What ever you do which ever path you take i wish you luck, and a long an fruitful life dude:thumbsup::please:

Hit the strip Brother :thumbsup:

Okay...wife got home-we talked some more *been goin over this for months* and I think our decision is this:
Ride this bike as-is...and stick to the 1/4 mile for awhile-at least the next few seasons until I can grab another street ride, then I'll rip the guts outta this bike and give LSR a crack-but not anytime in the near future. I'm satisfied to be the only guy I know who's come off a Hayabusa wearing NO lid while traveling over 50mph...and still get to talk about it. Thats almost as good as a 200club Shirt IMO:whistle:

Okay...wife got home-we talked some more *been goin over this for months* and I think our decision is this:
Ride this bike as-is...and stick to the 1/4 mile for awhile-at least the next few seasons until I can grab another street ride, then I'll rip the guts outta this bike and give LSR a crack-but not anytime in the near future. I'm satisfied to be the only guy I know who's come off a Hayabusa wearing NO lid while traveling over 50mph...and still get to talk about it. Thats almost as good as a 200club Shirt IMO:whistle:

Good choice Bro :thumbsup:

It makes the most sense, you get to compete @ the track...you can still ride the bike on the street and it's the biggest bang for the $$$ :beerchug:

yeah n i can still drag my knees...without ever touchin my chicken strips:moon:

dam cabin fever got me again dude-when the powder piles up wife gets antsy...which gets me buggy...and if I cant escape @100mph, I dunno if I can get away-that 300 eats up interstate like a Fat kid w/a fresh crawler from Dunkin Donuts:laugh: (one of the few cars I havent trashed yet-after the 4 tickets the year she bought it:whistle: I dont spend so much time on the left side of the car anymore...):rofl:

sweet maybe next season i can come up and we can hit the track together.. then we can see how good at lights you arehahahahahahahaahahaa:laugh::rofl:

Maybe just take a vacation from it for a while, and then rethink what you want to do.

I believe that when its your time , its your time and weather or not you have a busa isn't going to change that .

Ummm....errrrr.....uhhhhh....when Dave bought the farm, he was doing exactly what he wanted to be doing when it was his time.......we should all be so blessed..... :super:

Besides, he was "no" slouch at 200+....:bowdown:

Make the decision Brother, either way, you're still my Brother and I'm honored to know you !!! :oldcool:

It's like this the choice is yours. It doesn't matter if you're on a fast bike,a slow bike or even a car. When your number is called there's nothing you can do about it. I almost killed myself in 2003. December 24th to be exact and I was on a cruiser. You just have to be careful out there. What ever you choose to do you're still one of our fellow brothers.

It comes down to a simple question. Would you rather die doing something you love, or die regretting not doing it? That was the question the got my Mom to stop badmouthing my love for motorcycles. I have a living will that requires that life support be disconnected if I don't have the medical possibility of a reasonable quality is physical existence.

Um FWIW... I have WAY more fun on my Griso than I've had in the last 2-3 years.

I was trying to put it into words for Truwrecks and FWIW I think it comes down to honest FUN, VS Serious FUN.

One is big grins and entertainment, the other (Busa) is serious business, better stay focused.

I only miss the BUsa once in awhile, but honestly, given my lack of ability or desire to control myself I am much happier and much better off on the Griso...

Besides, Griso attracts a lot more of the GOOD kind of attention, the ladies love it, it's all day comfy, and I can pin the throttle up through the first three gears on an on-ramp and hit all of about .... 80MPH. :thumbsup: No more go directly to jail, no more stressing about the Po-po all the time.

Everyone assumes it's some exotic thing, and I no longer get disph1T teens and tweens feeling like they need to tell a lot of tall tales to the Busa Guy... :thumbsup:

After riding the DR650 for the summer I know exactly what Revlis means. I, luckily, learned some profound personal lessons when I crashed my 04. I also learned many things at the track I could never learn on public roads (without the risk of going to jail). If you truly feel it's time to move on, do it. You would be happier in the long run.

ummm...i guess you missed above post where i sed bascially "im keeping the bike":whistle:

not going to try LSR just going to get geared up for the local 1/4mi tracks here in WI and IL, mebbe MI n MN if I can afford a trailer....or steal a truck:laugh:

Dont think i'll be zipping around on any twins anytime soon-I hopped on a bud's DRZ and it felt like I was riding a BMX bike again...only thing is, when you're 6'7" you look like *and FEEL like* a f**kin Giant 'Tard who 'couldnt afford a bike that fit him':moon:

I'm just too big for reg. bikes-bars are too close to my waist n never far enuf apart or angled right for me...yeah I could full-custom one of those for myself-but whats the point?
'sides all i could think about on the DRZ is how easy i could go OVER everything-curbs, lil hills, sidewalks....I'd get into waaaaaay more trouble on bike like that....a big phat M109 would keep my dumb butt planted firmly, with no options but to RIDE like a normal guy, or wreck.

Glad to hear you're keepin' the bike, man!

:thumbsup:

--Wag--

Sometimes I also want to sell my bike. It's a 2000 I bought from new. It's as if I only ride it to make sure the gas don't go bad in it. I'll take her out when it's freezing out because of this. I also feel like I'm always going to get pulled over here in SI. Every year it's like it's open season on sport bikes here. She has only about 8500 miles on her. I guess I haven't sold her cause I know I wouldn't get much for it and I still get that itch to ride her. I love my ride but if the right price were ever offered to me I may let her go. My 2nd bike which is more usable and not in the eye's of the law over here would stay. Decisions decisions. Do what is logical bro. Be safe.

i say do what is right for you and also what is right for your family, up your life insurance premiums and keep them paid, learn from other drag racers, what you can do to be safer at the track...pull 2 spark plugs when your on the public highways..lol..that's a start...be safe and god speed my friend..I watched my best friend die at a drag strip last year on a cbr blackbird @ only 40 mph...his handlebar broke, that can happen anywhere...always check your nuts(lol) and bolts and safety gear, and lastly be careful and post up your new and improved times....
:beerchug:

Last edited:
ummm...i guess you missed above post where i sed bascially "im keeping the bike":whistle:

not going to try LSR just going to get geared up for the local 1/4mi tracks here in WI and IL, mebbe MI n MN if I can afford a trailer....or steal a truck:laugh:

Dont think i'll be zipping around on any twins anytime soon-I hopped on a bud's DRZ and it felt like I was riding a BMX bike again...only thing is, when you're 6'7" you look like *and FEEL like* a f**kin Giant 'Tard who 'couldnt afford a bike that fit him':moon:

I'm just too big for reg. bikes-bars are too close to my waist n never far enuf apart or angled right for me...yeah I could full-custom one of those for myself-but whats the point?
'sides all i could think about on the DRZ is how easy i could go OVER everything-curbs, lil hills, sidewalks....I'd get into waaaaaay more trouble on bike like that....a big phat M109 would keep my dumb butt planted firmly, with no options but to RIDE like a normal guy, or wreck.

Uh... It's NOT the bike choice making you look like a giant tard Bro... :poke:

:thumbsup: Oh and thanks for the PM Bro...

BigD, allz ya gotz ta do iz jimmy a spedo limiter to say 100mph (for daily riding) for 2009 :laugh:, and only take it off on drag strip days:rofl:

Can ya dig it?

Oh, p.s., hoping I am free on the 21, sounds like a fun time :beerchug:

and, p.p.s. I would join you for some 1/4 runs :whistle: muuuahhhhhhaaaahhhhhhaaaa:laugh:

Back