I need another bike

Pinky Winky

Donating Member
Registered
OK guys so Ive been sitting here for the past few day thinking about getting another bike. It's been about 20 months since my wreck and im itching to have another bike. Ive been racing a buddy of mines CBR 1000RR and love the hell outta that bike at track days. But I dont know if I want to get one. I could do another busa but Im worried I'll end up doing top speed again and killin myself. Im still kinda scared everytime I sit on another bike and worry about going down again but I get over it as I ride more and get comfortable. So does anyone have any ideas on a good bike? I looking at a 07 CB1000RR Repsol right now but I dont know much about Honda.

Not a lot of difference between the newer liter bikes and the Busa my friend. That extra 10 - 20 MPH probably won't make a difference.

The Busa has always been a great value to me. It runs about $2K less, can't be beat by any sportbike for two up riding and comfort, and with few exceptions still reigns supreme. Just saw a Black and a White 2011 today.

In the end it comes down to the rider not the bike. Very few can actually push these bikes to their limits. We just need to understand ours. I know I do.

Get what ever bike makes you feel comfortable, but just know that you could kill yourself at top speed of a liter bike just as easy as you could with a Busa so don’t let that be the reason that you don’t get another Busa. Get the bike that makes you fell all warm and fuzzy inside when you see/sit on it. It is always scary getting back on after a bad wreck but you need to limit yourself to your abilities no matter what bike you get. I spent 6 months in the hospital after mine and had to learn to walk again and let me tell you the feeling you get from conquering your fear is like no other, there is no way to explain it. You will never know if you can handle riding again if you don’t get back on that horse. If you still feel scared after a while you can sell it but if you’ve been ridding your buddies bike at the track you should be fine with your own bike again. I remember the first time I got back on my bike; I was taking turns all wide and slow again like I was relearning how to ride again. I guess in a sense I was. Good luck with you bike selection. I have had a few Hondas and have loved them all, never a Repsol but always wanted one.

sounds like you are on the road to full recovery, it always takes time to get your bike legs back under you after a bad wreck but it is worth it to push past the fear...like other's have said, it is sort of like learning how to ride again so just take it one step at a time :beerchug:

Being a older rider dont know what to tell you bro , you worry and want to ride like a mad man , I cant tell you what kind of bike to get , but I would lean to a R1 if you want to track it , :whistle:

My friends zx10 makes me try to kill myself more than my Busa does. Get what is right for your purpose. If your friends RR will still be available for track days, get the Busa, different flavors.:thumbsup:

since your asking for opinion, as a busa rider id get a busa, nothing on the planet can compete with it for overall ride-ability (not to mention the prestige thing). Glad ur better and even happier your getting another bike!

Nice one, subject that is. I plan on buying a bike this summer. I have wanted a Busa for many years. As it gets closer to the date, I ask myself what am I about to do?
I wonder about going from a Bandit 1200 to the Busa, I know not to get crazy with it.
I guess it is just goosebump nerves. Sometimes it scares me.

I been wrecked a time or 2. Once on my Busa.

I rode a friends Pro street harley and was hooked.

Got 2 of those,and a Big Harley touring bike.

+ enduro bikes,trials bikes,4x4's and a quad.:thumbsup:

They all serve a purpose but if you can only have one...

As fast frog said...get the one that suits most or all of yer needs/wants.

RSD.

dare to be different, buy a supercharged goldwing.

it's a shaker wipein out. takes a while to relax and just ride again. get what ever trips your trigger. look around, you will find something groovy that you can't live without.:thumbsup:

Back