just my thoughts on the Busa

i got my busa only after owning 4 other bike. 1994 yamaha FZR 600R, then i went to a 1997 zx7R, then i went to a zx9r, then i went to a 2003 CBR 954RR and then i finally bought my 06' Busa and i still can't believe the amount of power that it has compared to all my other bikes. And for someone with very little knowledge to buy a bike like this to learn on is a little crazy but to each their own. And my father has had a ton of expierence of riding, he took mine out and said he was in second and tromped on it and the rear wheel started shifting to the left he turned around and said he will stick to his 01' Fat Boy! LOL But welcome to the boards:welcome:

Nice to read another perspective...your experience is not so different from mine. I started street riding on a Kawi 500 2 stroke triple that was fairly terrifying. The key was that I didn't ride on the street until I was well versed on the dirt. To post pics, scroll down on the screen while posting and click on "manage attachments".

can you guys refresh my memory on how to post pictures

At the bottom of the page you'll see a dialogue box, below that it will say manage attachments. Click on that, and a new window will pop open in the upper left. Click on browse and it will open your picture files, or some other destination file selection. Navigate to your pictures and click on one, it will title itself in the bottom of that box. You will then be given the option to "open" it. This will then be labeled in the original box for managing attachments. "Upload" it and it will then be attached to your dialogue box when you click on "post reply". If the pictures are too big, you will have to "re-size" them to a size that the uploader will allow, usually below 100k will do. Any bigger and it over-sizes the page, or it simply will not allow uploading. Good luck !!

I also agree on the purchase availability of the Hayabusa. In England/UK they make you work your way up, over "years versus cc's". This is good.

Here at the O-R-G, we stress safety (gear), responsibility, and accountability. If the new owners are mature enough to listen openly, they usually get the idea and exercise that age-old attribute called "common sense". At that point, they work through fearing the Hayabusa, respecting the Hayabusa, controlling the Hayabusa, and enjoying the Hayabusa. The rest die early deaths, end up with suspended licenses, or simply sell the machine as it scares the living daylights right out of them.

Some of us grew up on dirt bikes, some have had long love affairs with street bikes, and some are actually brand new to motorcycling. It all depends on the "individual" purchasing the Hayabusa......with the right attitude this machine simply becomes "magic"....at least it is for me. :super:

i bought my first bike at age 18. it was a cbr600RR. i sold that and bought my busa at age 20. i have had it for a year and now i have 14k miles on it.

i hate when people say "your too young". to me its not the age, its the common sense/skill of the rider

Back