Has anyone tried riding one of these new Spyders?

I test rode one at local demonstration about 2 years ago. It was different. Kinda like riding a big 4-wheeler on the street.

I did not particularly care for it. Burnt the crap out of my right foot. It also took a while to realize that there is no lever for the brakes on the right bar. The brakes are linked with the foot peddle.

I almost bought this one but the wife would have killed me

canam.JPG

A guy whipped up on one at the quickie mart in a tank top and helmet the other night.....didn't really strike me that much..... :oldcool:

I'm sorry, but I fail to see the point of such a vehicle. Just buy a convertible if that's your thing. :whistle:

Yes, I fail to see the point too... we should all ride and drive the same make, model and color.
Why have change and innovate, leave every thing as it is.

Lets form a mob and burn a spyder at the stake for being different....

Yes, I fail to see the point too... we should all ride and drive the same make, model and color.

Someone had a little too much Rolling Rock last night.....:whistle:

While we're at it, let's burn anyone that dares to offer an opinion on a discussion forum. :glare:

while the TRex looks better than the Spyder....Nothing screams "WHY HAVE THREE WHEELS?" more than the TRex. You sit IN it? What's the point? At least with the Spyder, you sit ON it like a bike. So it should at least give you the feeling to some degree that we experience as bikers. Not to mention it has a usalbe trunk that doubles as a cooler. My buddy loves his. As he is a beginner, he can have the wind in his face, an Automatic tranny, and a unique vehicle. Oh, and did I mention that he got it for free? :laugh:

I'd own a spider no doubt. If you want to test ride one, you'll have a better chance if you pull up on your busa. They immediately get a comfort zone if you ride up on a bike. Wife would never get on two wheels and ride, but she'd ride a spyder. If it meant getting my wife on the roads with me then I'd defiantly spend the money.

I think my pastors wife is going to get one, she's starting to wear him down, I hope she does, they look great decked out in with aftermarket exhaust and Corbin bags.

092608a.jpg

I have seen them and this would be my opinion as well.

I just see them a a sporty version of a trike. Some people, its just another option...i think they look pretty cool and i'm not above owning one. I'm looking at them right now and considering getting one after I move and get settled in my new house.

I took a test ride on one about 6 months ago; was not impressed. Too pricey, handling was too heavy for my taste, acceleration was so-so, etc. Just my :2cents:

Back