Harley Owner Encounter...

You know you're a Harley rider if...

....you're unable to let your bike simply IDLE at a stop light.

....you confuse the word "character" with the more accurate term
"engineering flaws."

...."water cooled" means standing on the side of the road, in the rain, waiting for a your buddy to come in his pickup truck.

OMG, ok I`ll go for the funny stuff, and this is a good group of people, but a few of you are REALLY hating a bit to much,,, P.S. HD has a water cooled bike FYI.

The saddest thing about Harley imo is when they pulled out of road racing. Despite having such world class riders as Miguel Duhamel, they still could not win with the VR1000. Instead of some real innovation they packed up their bag and went home. They didn't even provide a engine that would allow Buel to be competitive which is why Eric turned to Rotax. I whole heartedly believe Harley could have, they just wouldn't. I for one really wish that there was an American made/designed/engineered bike that was competitive in the AMA. I just can't get behind Buel running an 1125 against a field of 600's. I really hope Motoczysz gets the investors they need to bring Micheal czysz's dream into a reality.

when I see harley riders putting in earplugs to ride their hog I laugh.

Due to the wind noise, it is smart to put in ear plugs....otherwise these might be in your future! My loss is lifelong but the increased db level from wind is damaging. At least mine have a remote control.

100_1111.jpg

Due to the wind noise, it is smart to put in ear plugs....otherwise these might be in your future! My loss is lifelong but the increased db level from wind is damaging. At least mine have a remote control.

100_1111.jpg

Sad but very true. Most people don't even realize this. There still isn't a miracle drug to restore your hearing.

I've never cared for cruisers, but since I'm an ATGATT guy, I've often wondered how I would be received if I ever showed up on to a cruiser gathering on my own cruiser but in my full face/leathers/gloves/boots. I think folks would be nice, but I think they'd have a LOT of commentary amongst each other that I would never hear. :laugh:

I think it goes the other way as well. If a group of ATGATT-ers on sportbikes gathered and another sport rider showed up in a novelty helmet, leather vest and chaps, we wouldn't be able to help but notice the scene and comments would be made, regardless of the opinion of the rider otherwise.

Much as we try to fight it, something in us humans notices when there's fox among the sheep. Even if the fox is well accepted. :)

Sonny Barger wears a full face, lots of Harley riders wear full face helmets. You just don't notice them because their bikes are stock, quiet and they ride conservatively.

I'm not one of those guys...

See I think this sort of stuff is healthy. As long as things dont get out of hand, these are good :beerchug:.

It actually brings a lot of entertainment to our lurkers and people who don't post as much I am sure. Keeps people around and traffic on the site.

Bashing on Harleys and their riders is always a good time! :beerchug:

d6da2_WINNING.jpg

I accept tips or donations :thumbsup:

Me too! Although i kinda like it when things get out of hand. Gets real interesting...

We now return you to "Harleys Suck Cause They Scare Me," starring the Many Little Beevis Brothers, "My Wife Is #1 Cause I'm too Fat To Score Anything Else and Mr. CastroStreetRainbowWarriorHelicopterGuyinHisPinkTuTu from some s****hole in the Southern hemisphere...

All in good fun... right.

We now return you to "Harleys Suck Cause They Scare Me," starring the Many Little Beevis Brothers, "My Wife Is #1 Cause I'm too Fat To Score Anything Else and Mr. CastroStreetRainbowWarriorHelicopterGuyinHisPinkTuTu from some s****hole in the Southern hemisphere...

All in good fun... right.

The difference is that you are making personal attacks against members of the forum.

The difference is that you are making personal attacks against members of the forum.

I could not care less. I just feel sorry for people like that.

^Wasn't it you who said why do we say "I could care less". Because ever since then I always catch myself before I say that and add "not" in there :laugh:

And it's kind of weird he is imagining guys with a pink tutu thing on them... Just sayin'. Regardless if you are joking, at one time or another you picture it.

Why limit yerself. :laugh:

My bikes a Harley. USA.
My other is a harley too. USA.
My quad is Yamaha. Japanese.
My trials bike is a Gas Gas. Spain.
My wife's honda dirt bike. assembled in Brazil
My Audi TT Roadster. Germany.
My wifes Jeep. Canada/USA
My Dogde Ram 3500. USA.
My Busa. Japan. (but if was made in Istanbul,I still would have bought it)

May she rest in pieces. :please:

In the end,who give's a fug. :goodboy:

RSD.

True but I built that bike from the ground up........old tech Harley motor making a 130 HP and racing on 30 year old record. There is just something about building a machine and seeing what it will do......that was my interpretation.

The only way I can help you understand is to take you to Bonneville.
I give you props for making dinosaur technology move that fast :beerchug:

I could not care less. I just feel sorry for people like that.

^Wasn't it you who said why do we say "I could care less". Because ever since then I always catch myself before I say that and add "not" in there :laugh:

And it's kind of weird he is imagining guys with a pink tutu thing on them... Just sayin'. Regardless if you are joking, at one time or another you picture it.
Dang! It looks like I missed out on all of the fun!

100_1111.jpg

no, I didn't know that. I think we all do damage to our ears when we wear earbuds for music. but there isn't much of an alternative I guess. I don't think much about wind noise, I thought that's why I paid so much for my helmet:laugh: :thumbsup:

I don't think much about wind noise, I thought that's why I paid so much for my helmet:laugh: :thumbsup:

Yeah, you'd think so, but my $699 Shoei is a noisy-ass piece of crap. Even if I wear earplugs I still don't enjoy riding for more than a couple of hours straight, because the wind noise drives me nuts!

Yeah, you'd think so, but my $699 Shoei is a noisy-ass piece of crap. Even if I wear earplugs I still don't enjoy riding for more than a couple of hours straight, because the wind noise drives me nuts!

really? that's wild. Maybe I don't know how quiet a helmet can be cause I thought my Shoei was quiet:laugh: I wear earbuds anyway:thumbsup:luv my music:rulez:

Back