Harley Owner Encounter...

Gay
Pirates . . .

:rofl:

#ForumTriggeRed ~ #GayPirates ~ #Harley ~ @piratediverjefff ~ #THEoRg *

#ForumTriggeRed ~ #GayPirates ~ #Harley ~ @piratediverjefff ~ #THEoRg *

An 8 yr old nasty thread dredged up....I read through it and honestly didn't enjoy the content very much...

If that was the norm for posting in those days, it's no wonder 99% of those people left the forum...

Man ,
the haters ,
me thinks there
is a little jealousy in
some peoples hearts . . .

Ride safe
and enjoy .

:banana:

#ElectricMotorcycles ~ #HarleyPullsThePlug ~ #Recall ~ #THEoRg *

Last edited:

Who didn't see that coming HD owners don't want change.

It was funny at times... not so funny at others. Got to give credit for brand loyalty as Harleys strongest asset class. Some Harleys look good... some Harleys sound good... some Harleys are way to expensive for the level of engineering that went into that 90 degree crank pin motor.

The only way I would own one to ride would be if I were to win it... and that probably wouldn't last to long. They are also good for flipping on resales... but, that is about it. I can buy 2 good used motorcycles for the price of a good used Harley.

@Zerks , I felt that way too for many years. I recently sold my Busa and got a Harley. Not for brand loyalty but for comfort. It really is like riding a couch. I didn’t get the appeal until owing one. She is a heavy pig, won’t corner like I’m used to but, I have cruise, gps, a radio should I want to hear it and get better fuel mileage than the Busa, at least my Busa. Honestly for me, anyone who has the balls to get up on 2 I can respect. Their taste in personal modification not so much, but that part of what makes this hobby we love great. I don’t have to like it as long as they like it.

My 02 over coffee. Keep your head in the wind and ride

Pie out

@Zerks , I felt that way too for many years. I recently sold my Busa and got a Harley. Not for brand loyalty but for comfort. It really is like riding a couch. I didn’t get the appeal until owing one. She is a heavy pig, won’t corner like I’m used to but, I have cruise, gps, a radio should I want to hear it and get better fuel mileage than the Busa, at least my Busa. Honestly for me, anyone who has the balls to get up on 2 I can respect. Their taste in personal modification not so much, but that part of what makes this hobby we love great. I don’t have to like it as long as they like it.

Pie out
Now that you are a bonified Harley pilot, you are subject to all the Harley jokes...

One of my troops told me this one (and he rode a Harley Fat Boy at the time). he said "what is the difference between a Harley and a vacuum? give up? the position of the dirt-bag...."

Well, it was funny at 0200 in the middle of nowhere...

:lol:

Pie out
A couple years ago I picked up a 2010 1400 Concours. Comfortable, smooth, decent power and corners easier than my Gen 1 Busa. Plus, it was well equipped with about 4K in extras and a trailer that I sold. I rate it as the best motorcycle I have owned in a string of 15 or so since 1971. My friend deals in bikes and has put me on several Harleys and even a Boss Hoss that I know I would never own after driving it. Point is this... the Connie is the best bang for the buck I have driven so far. The only thing that really matters is that you are happy with that Harley. As we go through changes our taste tend to change... I still like the Busa for what it can do...

I did as you suggested today I went for a scheduled 70 mile jaunt this morning with 4 other members of the COG group here in Socal.
Life is good!

Harley has a extensive model line up and to me there pretty cool looking bikes In fact if I had the money I fancy a cross bones with 16 inch apes but at 30K down here I guess its not going to happen anytime soon :thumbsup:

Harley has a extensive model line up and to me there pretty cool looking bikes In fact if I had the money I fancy a cross bones with 16 inch apes but at 30K down here I guess its not going to happen anytime soon :thumbsup:
Yea Harley’s price tag does not help the brand what so ever. I do miss my Busa though. If I could have got that to where I could ride past 10-20 min at a time without hurting she would have never left.

As a side not, the biggest thing I always hated about the Harley’s was the obnoxiously loud exhaust that many had. At least whoever chose the pipes for mine made a good choice. They have some rumble but they are quieter than my Busa was with a 4-1 shorty yosh.

Yea Harley’s price tag does not help the brand what so ever. I do miss my Busa though. If I could have got that to where I could ride past 10-20 min at a time without hurting she would have never left.

As a side not, the biggest thing I always hated about the Harley’s was the obnoxiously loud exhaust that many had. At least whoever chose the pipes for mine made a good choice. They have some rumble but they are quieter than my Busa was with a 4-1 shorty yosh.
A friend of mine always said Harleys are the best at turning fossil fuel into noise...

I heard a bone stock Harley dresser the other day and it was almost whisper quiet with a slight purr...it sounded great. Much better than the slash cut noise makers we normally hear around here.

A friend of mine always said Harleys are the best at turning fossil fuel into noise...

I heard a bone stock Harley dresser the other day and it was almost whisper quiet with a slight purr...it sounded great. Much better than the slash cut noise makers we normally hear around here.
They are amazingly proficient at turning fuel to noise. Now if could snap the fingers and give it more power, that would be nice. Nothing extremely over the top, maybe 150-200 hp.

Might have to lay off the pie for a while……..

Lol, yea……….y’all got me messed up like a soup sandwich. Tuner is on the way, cam is on the way. Turbo in 2 years :). It’s a sickness I tell ya.

My 2022 Road Glide Special is all stock and as such is super quiet. I can’t wait to make some changes but can’t see spending HD money on their stuff to get mediocre performance all in an attempt to keep my 2yr warranty. I think after the first year we are going to make some changes but I’ll definitely be going aftermarket.

The Apes are a deal breaker for me... the decreased ability to precisely control the steering is not something I am comfortable with.

Precisely control HD steering...lmao!
Suprisingley, ape hangers handle no worse than stock bars, it's just rider preference in how it feels.

Back