Harley Davidaon to Buy MV Agusta

tinmann840

Registered
Harley Davidson has made an agreement to purchase the Italian Bike maker for a reported 109 million dollars. Talk about didn't see this coming. Now some of the Italian know how might rub off on Eric Buell and you'll be able to buy this at your local Harley shop.

http://www.jsonline.com/watch/?watch=1&date=7/11/2008&id=43004

08_F4RR312Black_04.jpg

Maybe they got tired of their last "sport bike" attempt...the V-rod, getting spanked by 600s (and everything else).

Heck, they had to get porche to help them with that bike...

I don't see how the influx of the Harley braintrust can help Augusta, it's not like they are cost/value efficient...unless they (harley) just plans to rape and pillage MV...hmmm
rock.gif

V-rods are weird bikes....tweeners, not really sport / not really cruiser

Maybe they got tired of their last "sport bike" attempt...the V-rod, getting spanked by 600s (and everything else).

I don't see how the influx of the Harley braintrust can help Augusta, it's not like they are cost/value efficient...unless they (harley) just plans to rape and pillage MV...hmmm  
rock.gif

Say what you want about V-rod's, but they are awesome bikes.. Harley was not out to build the fastest production bike, or were they out to build a "sport bike" at all. With a few diffrent model's of V-Rod going strong I think your trashing the wrong bike:)

It kind of cracks me up when I see people jumping on the trashing harley bandwagon, you are kind of feeding the entire "you just wish you owned one" thing..

The harley forums are not full of "suzuki sucks" or "I waved at a guy on a crotch rocket and he did not wave back".

Really...and what was harley's goal for making the v-rod?

Don't kid yourself, you don't hire porche to make a scooter.

They are decent bikes but I would steer clear of awesome...

And I'm not trashing them, I love a lot of different bikes, I just said they are weird and doesn't really fit in any catagory

It sure ain't a sport bike and it's not a cruiser.

I've ridden quite a few v-rods, I think their ergos are a little weird as well as the tinky tank, guess you get used to it but why...we're back to my same old argument (which works for a lot of bikes, especially harleys) v-rods are expensive and you can get more bike for a lot less.

Oh I love the nightrod special...not for $18,000 otd.

rock.gif

I was thinking something similar. They are just going to steal all of MV Agusta's R&D instead of putting money into their own R&D department. 109 million dollars of R&D might not make them a contender in the sport bike arena, but spend that same amount to purchase a company that has proven credentials in the sport bike world ...Well now thats a different story.

And it is sad that the only water cooled bike they offer was designed in Germany. When it was time to incorporate modern technology in a bike they had to out source to another country. But it's still an American bike ...Right?

I hate to say this, but, considering that the Chrysler Building was just sold to a foreign company, it actually sounds decent that, finally, an American company is buying a foreign company (even though I really don't consider Italy "foreign").

is it just me or can you see the Agusta starting to leak a little oil...
I don't know man, my Harley has never leaked one drop.  Maybe the Agusta will.  I don't care 'cause I don't want one.
And that's OK
hello.gif
, cause I don't want a Harley  
ThumbsUp.gif
.  To each his own, to match your personality and life styles. That's what makes the World Go Around  
blonde.gif

Just Thinking  
winkold.gif
, if there had been No Viet Nam, Panama Drug Running, Grenada (Cuban Take Over), Haiti or Sadam, I might not have been able to keep a steady job for 30 years. Then I wouldn't have been qualified after retiring to go to all those African Countries and get PAID for going  
ThumbsUp.gif

I just LOVE Differences in Taste and Styles  
banana.gif

ThumbsUp.gif

I wasn't being negative toward Agusta, I'm sure it's a great bike. I don't want one 'cause I'm bike-broke with the ones I've got now.

damn, thats not good, i wanted one, now i will have to think twice about it, but I still have to rob the bank to get it!
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif

beerchug.gif

Back