H/D bailed out like chevy!

Factor in the 109 MILLION for buying MV-Augusta...wtf.
As the recession is looming they blow 109 million and then ask for a handout.

Why isn't the CEO AND whoever decided buying MV a bright idea have both
their heads on plater. These people are idiots. Yet, get paid 6 or 7 figures :banghead:

A 10 year old would think that was a dumb idea.
Then after the millions in handout money CEO lame arse puffs his chest out
and spouts the rhetoric "Umm..umm..yessss..this is the best way for our company
to move forward...yes...yes, where's my bonus?"

Stupid business ideas pt. 2
Indian Motorcycles

I don't have the article in front of me but they spent 30 Million dollars
to revitalize the Indian name. Buying the cad motor designs from the last
failed attempt and tried to "update" them...however, after 3 years of R&D
the idiots didn't have time to either add a counter balancer shaft or rubber
engine mounts.

So not to mention that the bottle cap engine is one cheaply looking fugly
constructed engine with poor poor performance of which the author commented
it's not a bad bike as long as you stay between 20-65mph. Under 20 the beast
is so heavy and poorly designed makes handling a major chore and over 65
the vibra motor will require a kidney transplant all for the low price of....$36,497.

Anyone else see the shear genius of investing MILLIONS in making a $36,000 POS
that you can only drive between 20-65mph in middle of the Great Recession.
These people seem braindead and make easily identifiable huge mistakes, how
on earth do they get to these positions to begin with :banghead:

I mean Jay Leno will buy one to add to his collection but other than that...
First off, the CEO of Harley that paid millions for MV is no longer with the company. The new CEO that inherited the fallout from the "LAME BRAIN" decisons is trying to turn the company around. It can not be done in 6 months. So before you start spouting off and calling people IDIOTS like you did maybe you should check your facts and do some research in to what you are running your mouth about.
In my eyes only a moron would pay $13k for a sport-touring bike that you can not tour on withiut having to dump another $2K on hard bags that only allow 2/3's the cargo capacity that I get stock with my "under powered, under engineered POS" and lets not forget the cig lighter and tunes and cruise control that comes standard on my POS Harley. Plus I can make that 3000 mile trip on my Harley without having to adjust the chain, change the tires and what have you. Each bike regardless of the cost has its purpose in life along with its loyal following.
But check facts before you unload your lips. The current CEO if Harley did not put the company where it is. The old CEO and of course the greedy union work forcre all did there part.

First off, the CEO of Harley that paid millions for MV is no longer with the company. The new CEO that inherited the fallout from the "LAME BRAIN" decisons is trying to turn the company around. It can not be done in 6 months. So before you start spouting off and calling people IDIOTS like you did maybe you should check your facts and do some research in to what you are running your mouth about.
In my eyes only a moron would pay $13k for a sport-touring bike that you can not tour on withiut having to dump another $2K on hard bags that only allow 2/3's the cargo capacity that I get stock with my "under powered, under engineered POS" and lets not forget the cig lighter and tunes and cruise control that comes standard on my POS Harley. Plus I can make that 3000 mile trip on my Harley without having to adjust the chain, change the tires and what have you. Each bike regardless of the cost has its purpose in life along with its loyal following.
But check facts before you unload your lips. The current CEO if Harley did not put the company where it is. The old CEO and of course the greedy union work forcre all did there part.

+1,

I seem to remember that when I went to school, they said if
1:you sell a product that people don't want or the price point is too high for the target group;

2: you make bad choices with your capital :rulez:

your company will fail.

When did that change?:poke:

Wow...lighten up Lurch...did I hit a nerve or what?

Forgive the hell out of me for not googling the upper echelon roster of Hardley Fergison
before stating the obvious that it was stupid to waste...no no...lose money
(millions in fact) on MV-Augusta in these economic times. It wasn't the "current" ceo...
so what? Someone had to hire him and they do have a Board of Directors
so that does not insulate Harley from responsibility of a bad decision.

O.K. so lets change it...the last guy we had in charge didn't know what he
was doing but this guy is better, can we have $500,000,000 dollars please?

What exactly is the "sport touring" reference tirade? ??? I'm confused, is that
supposed to be a dig at owning a Busa? Did you just call everybody on the
board a moron...:rofl:

If it's the Busa, I never bought or consider the Busa as "sport tourer".
I could care less about saddle bags. I didn't buy it to be a Goldwing...
I bought it cause it's an incredible land speed cruise missile and there
is nothing else quite like it.

As far as you under powered, under engineered, overpriced harley...it is definitely
worth giving up 20+hp of ANY OTHER cruiser for the cigarette lighter.
Cudos on that one. :thumbsup:

Ya know I've never ever looked to see if other full dressed cruisers have cig
lighter (don't smoke, never did) but I do know they have the tunes, cruise
control, etc., etc., and a better motor. :dunno: to each his own. Like I said
I like harley and have been looking at a fat bob.

BTW-The Bus was only 11 grand OTD :thumbsup:

let me see......you said "sport touring" right?

150hp, 10 second 1/4 mile, hardbags, ......kinda of redefines "sport touring".

perfect example of HD incompetance, versus japanese execution.

Last edited:
let me see......you said "sport touring" right?

150hp, 10 second 1/4 mile, hardbags, ......kinda of redefines "sport touring".

perfect example of HD incompetance, versus japanese execution.

forgot to add the picture.....

hog killer.jpg

I'm trying to figure out how you guys could even try to compare anything with the name sport in it to any kinda of harley, let alone a full bagger,lol. :rofl: thats like trying to compare a ferrari to a cadillac, only with the ferrari costing half as much!

Last edited:
Its a shame is what it is I m not a Harley guy but I am a fan of America and would love to see things here going in the right way for our country.

+1. Not a Harley fan either, but....I still support the company the H-D is and the integral role it plays here in America. Gotta stick up for America. On the other hand, where's OUR bailouts?

+1. Not a Harley fan either, but....I still support the company the H-D is and the integral role it plays here in America. Gotta stick up for America. On the other hand, where's OUR bailouts?

how can you support a company that has made the same mistakes over and over for the last 3 decades?

there was a time when HD was "state of the art"......

there was a time when HD could run with the best from all over the world.

HD jumped the shark, twice....they failed in the 70's to modernize with the japanese invasion, and then they decided that it was more important to sell a lifestyle, to market the clothes and leather to "easy rider" posers and dentists and attorney going thru thier mid-life crisis.....than to build modern competetive bikes...

Giving the people's money to bail out failing companies is just wrong. Billions were given to Chrysler and to GM, and it is very likely they will fail anyway. All that money wasted, just wasted. The government should stay out of the private sector. Maybe HD will survive. But unless they change their business model, it is not likely. I hope they make it.

CW

Back