Hard Bags and Yosh R77 4-2-1

KOTH

Registered
I have a K8 with a full Yosh R77 4-2-1 with a carbon fiber can. I want to add hard bags for an upcoming trip and want to get the SW-Motech brackets and add either the Givi E21 bags or possibly some larger Givi 40 liter bags.

Based on some pictures and some threads I searched, I know the exhaust may exit onto the down bracket on the right side. Has this caused a problem for anyone with this setup? Is there too much heat on the bags? Will the exhaust can interfere with the larger bags?

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

Cap and I did the ventura rack with 2 bags and have 102litres of space, more then enough. Easy to remove and store until the next trip.
You may want to consider with that exhaust. Unless you just have to have hard bags.

Thanks. The Ventura stuff is nice but I want the hard bags for lockability. I want to be able to walk away from the bike at various tourist stops along the way. Being waterproof and quick detach has also led me to the SW-Motech and Givi combo.

I have the exact setup you are asking about and it seems to be working fine. I had some concerns and put some exhaust tape on the inside of the hard Bag to keep it from over heating, but it pealed off and it seems to be doing just fine without it. You can do a search for pics of my bike setup from last year. You will love the convenience of the bags by the way.
Take care.

Rumble

I understand it is tuff to beat a set of hard bags..... Suzuki are you listening? The Bking should have been competition for the Concours :cheerleader:

I have the exact setup you are asking about and it seems to be working fine. I had some concerns and put some exhaust tape on the inside of the hard Bag to keep it from over heating, but it pealed off and it seems to be doing just fine without it. You can do a search for pics of my bike setup from last year. You will love the convenience of the bags by the way.
Take care.

Rumble

Rumble,

Thank you very much. I remembered reading about your bike but couldn't remember the name. The pictures are very helpful to see how the bags sit in relation to the exhaust. I too have the carbon can which I think runs a little cooler on the surface.

I'm debating between the E41 Keyless like yours and the E360 for side bags. One of the reviews of the E41 on TwistedThrottle mentioned the keyless lock was plastic and not particularly secure. It sure seems like a handy feature though. Probably going to add the LED light kit to the side bags since the bags cover up the turn signals from the side.

I'm thinking E52 for a topcase. I don't plan to keep much weight up there while rolling but hope to use it more as storage for my helmet, jacket, rain gear, etc when I make stops when touring.

Thanks again. You have made pulling the trigger on this set-up an easier decision. :thumbsup:

I understand it is tuff to beat a set of hard bags..... Suzuki are you listening? The Bking should have been competition for the Concours :cheerleader:

Too bad Suzuki killed it before it had a chance to catch on. With more production numbers, the aftermarket would have had similar luggage products as are available for the Hayabusa. A shame really.

hi i have the e21 hard bags with the yoshi trc duel system,which is much the same as the r77 system and fits fine,wanted the v35 panniers as they fit tighter to the bike but will only fit with standard exhasut,got my panniers and topbox and racks from jenny at the touring biker.com,top class service

hi i have the e21 hard bags with the yoshi trc duel system,which is much the same as the r77 system and fits fine,wanted the v35 panniers as they fit tighter to the bike but will only fit with standard exhasut,got my panniers and topbox and racks from jenny at the touring biker.com,top class service

Thanks. They even put your bike on the front page. :cheerleader:

Rumble,

Thank you very much. I remembered reading about your bike but couldn't remember the name. The pictures are very helpful to see how the bags sit in relation to the exhaust. I too have the carbon can which I think runs a little cooler on the surface.

I'm debating between the E41 Keyless like yours and the E360 for side bags. One of the reviews of the E41 on TwistedThrottle mentioned the keyless lock was plastic and not particularly secure. It sure seems like a handy feature though. Probably going to add the LED light kit to the side bags since the bags cover up the turn signals from the side.

I'm thinking E52 for a topcase. I don't plan to keep much weight up there while rolling but hope to use it more as storage for my helmet, jacket, rain gear, etc when I make stops when touring.

Thanks again. You have made pulling the trigger on this set-up an easier decision. :thumbsup:

No problem. Hope this helps. You will really like the convieniece of the setup.
Safe touring.

Rumble

Back