HAPPY ENDING...But STILL Pissed

War Bird 13

Registered
Hey everyone...Stolen RC51 update...FIRST thanks to everyone for any kind of help and or words of encouragement...proves what a class act you all are and this org...THANK YOU ALL!!!Now...my buddy Adam's RC51 HAS BEEN FOUND AND RETURNED:cheerleader::beerchug::cheerleader:...Seems the IDIOTS that took it left it somewhere where it was towed away...he got a phone call from Local LE and 165.00 (tow and impound fee) later had his pride and joy back UNHARMED???...On a lighter note...i TRIED like hell to convert him to a Busa owner during his ordeal...:whistle:...but being a "new" rider he wanted none of it (and i salute him for knowing his limitations)...but on a more serious note...it STILL burns my ass that it happened and that it seems (since i have no word on the perps) they or he is free to continue doing this to people...but Karma is a *****...and maybe just maybe their luck will run out on the next one...Thanks Again to this org for it's support...and can anyone here help a poor shivering ohio boy out with some riding weather now...PLEASE?...The Bird

This is indeed a rare story, if the LEO's hadn't come along you can bet the thief would have come back for it. Want some warmer weather? Move to Florida they are having a heat wave!

Leave it outside with a claymore/trip wire attached; maybe they'll come back for it again....

It really sucks that you have to PAY for someone stealing your property to get it back.

At least he got it back:thumbsup:. 56 degrees here and damp. I would freeze up if I lived up there. I only live 50 miles from the fla. line but may move furthur south.

Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How often does this happen where one gets their stolen bike back virtually unscathed?

This theft sounds like teenagers to me?

How did they get their hands on the bike to begin with. Your friend found it missing when he came home from work I believe? Was it sitting out in plain view?

I'm very happy to see the bike returned! :beerchug:

Glad to hear your buddy got his bike back. Have a question though and I have seen this happen in Houston when I was growing up. How does he know some one stole the bike and it was not just picked up by the tow truck driver? Like I said this happened allot when I was growing up in the houston area. A tow truck driver would be driving around and they would stroll though appartment complexes and pick up cars or what ever and the owner would report the car stolen (Bike in this case) to the local police department and they would check all the tow yards and bam there it would be and now the owner is stuck paying ($165) in your case and this puts money in the tow truck companies pocket. It is horrible way to make money but I have seen it happen first hand.

Last edited:
An RC returned to it's rightful owner :thumbsup:

However, talk about adding insult to injury...Having to pay the tow/impound fees to retrieve your own stolen bike? That's nuts. I guess in the grand scheme of things, it is a small price to pay.

Glad to hear your buddy got his bike back. Have a question though and I have seen this happen in Houston when I was growing up. How does he know some one stole the bike and it was not just picked up by the tow truck driver? Like I said this happened allot when I was growing up in the houston area. A tow truck driver would be driving around and they would stroll though appartment complexes and pick up cars or what ever and the owner would report the car stolen (Bike in this case) to the local police department and they would check all the tow yards and bam there it would be and now the owner is stuck paying ($165) in your case and this puts money in the tow truck companies pocket. It is horrible way to make money but I have seen it happen first hand.

That is a lowly way to make money, and terrible dangerous for business. Get caught doing that and they are in some seriously deep dog doo. :whistle:

Back