how to use the word "Karma" correctly

2hip

Registered
Okay, it's true...I'm just messed up this way...but let's talk about how to use the word "Karma" correctly. Karma has to do with what you did in a past life..if you believe in such things. So, maybe if you were Jeffrey Dalmer, the dude who ate peoples brains, in your past life maybe you were something even more hideous..maybe you went out and killed little children...so your payback for this life was to become this wretch of a human being.
On the .Org everyday I see someone write he was doing 200 mph and he got killed...it was his Karma to die for being stupid enough to do 200 mph on a crowded hwy. It has nothing to do with his Karma...It has to do with his bad luck..lack of gray matter...a sacrifice to the alters of stupid is as stupid do..
Whew! I feel better now...we now turn your TV back over to you after this surreal moment from 2hip:whistle:

:) nice to see your interpretation of the word "Karma".

Now how about the meaning of the word from an Indian :)

The word "Karma" literally means "work" or in this context "Deed". It has nothing to do with previous life (if you believe in that). Karma is basically means (in this context), what you do is what you get back. So if you do a bad deed, a bad thing will happen to you. If you do good thing, good thing will happen to you. If someone is doing 200mph not considering others safety around, something bad will happen to him someday sooner or later.

I believe Heaven and Hell is on this earth itself. Its the state of your life. When you are ****ty situation, that's your hell, and if you are in happy moment, that's your heaven. And more good deeds you do, sooner or later good things will happen to you and vice versa.

The word "Karma" literally means "work" or in this context "Deed". It has nothing to do with previous life (if you believe in that). Karma is basically means (in this context), what you do is what you get back. So if you do a bad deed, a bad thing will happen to you. If you do good thing, good thing will happen to you. If someone is doing 200mph not considering others safety around, something bad will happen to him someday sooner or later.

I believe Heaven and Hell is on this earth itself. Its the state of your life. When you are ****ty situation, that's your hell, and if you are in happy moment, that's your heaven. And more good deeds you do, sooner or later good things will happen to you and vice versa.

Well said, Elvorin. Karma has NOTHING to do with a previous life.

And seriously, 2hip, even if we all believed in a previous life or are you so arrogant that you can say you have never done close to 200mph on your Hayabusa? Or even remotely attempted to grab that top speed?

And if you had, was that worthy of being killed and then mocked by someone that writes a remote article that incorrectly interprets his actions and takes it upon him or herself to judge that person in death?

So with that, that would mean that all people here, and myself more than a handful of times, that have gotten somewhat close or have even in the past achieved the elusive speed of 200 miles per hour on a public road,,, SHOULD DIE BECAUSE THEY ARE STUPID?!

I think you might want to re-think your statement, because it makes you sound extremely shallow and without forethought.

Judge not lest ye be judged yourself.

Why must people try to correct everyone else?
If the usage of a word is your pet peeve, keep it to yourself unless someone is using it VERY wrong like "ironic" in the Alanis Morissette video.

Btw, you might want to change your spelling...it's Jeffrey Dahmer. Thanks...

i actually doubt that 2hip has tried to top his busa out. i just don't see him doing that, lol.

im sick to death of people saying maxing out ur bike whether it be a 50cc scooter or a busa is stupid , anyone who has properly tried to do 200mph knows that to achieve anywhere close to these speeds is incredibly diffecult and can only be done on an empty stretch of road .
i also think anyone who has done it knows the buzz it gives is worth the risk

what karma means to me
kristen
andrea
rita
meghan
alexa

and then Julie and Tina:laugh:

karma.jpg

All I have to say is this is a great forum that people come and use and write all sorts of stuff.. As far as I am concerned this is not english 101 if I mis spell and forget to put in a comma and have a run on sentence so be it.. And if a word is used incorrectly ok is was just that incorrect.. this forum should be like ridding you bikes FUN and only fun. My uncle said something to me when I was about 13 years old... don't take life seriously we all die in the end! that is the only true thing in the world...

Well Said. Agreed

Not the 1st time he has stuck his foot in his mouth, doubt it will be his last. Expect pm's about how this was all a big misunderstanding.

I loved the Dilbert cartoon where the evil boss says to the underling, "The reason I am so mean to you is Karma - you must have done something to deserve it!"

LOL!

Back