Had an accident on the bike.

Big Bo

Registered
I ride a 2002 Bandit 1200s. Heading to work I hit a piece of blacktop that was about the size of a shoe box. Blew out both tires, broke both wheels, a chunk of something went through the oil cooler. Talk about having your underwear sinch up. I held on and rode it out. Almost lost it trying to steer the bike as it slowed down. Oil everywhere. I just put new tires on the bike. My heart is busted. I was about 3 miles from the plt where I work.

Talked to the adjuster and the bike is totaled. Because of my divorce and paying every Tom **** and Harry I will be bikeless for a while.

Took pics with my phone. Don`t know how to post them.

Bo

Sorry about the bike. Just glad you didn't go down. That had to be a handful and a huge oh chit moment!!

Can you expand on the path of blacktop?? What caused the blowouts?

Are you using ForumRunner or Tapatalk?? You need one or the other to upload pics from mobile.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

Oh no! I'm so sorry to hear, but glad you're OK!! Not what you needed right now :(

Sorry to hear this, glad you are ok at least.

There is always tomorrow, keep positive

Damn sorry to hear Bo
Glad to hear your ok though:cheerleader:
I am sure you can ebay parts fix it fairly cheap.. Hmm some GSXR wheels and sheeeet an oil cooler shouldnt be all that much....
Divorce don't sweat it, fun times ahead my friend! We all bounce back, 5 years down the road from now when you look back it will all make sense.

Only thing that matters is u r unhurt..that sux though

Totally sucks man, but you're safe and that's what counts. Bikes can be replaced. There's only one Bo!

Dont know what a bandit 1200 is but I dont guess busa wheels will work will they? Divorce is the worst thing I have been through. I had two small girls that were my world along with my wife. I know what your going through and just pray about it and it will all work out. You need that bike more than ever right now as a stress reliever if you are like me. It will all work out and I know you are probably tired of hearing that but its the truth! God bless!

Pics for Big Bo

BO3.jpg

BO2.jpg

BO1.jpg

Dayum Brother! You are either a very good rider, very lucky or a combination of the two. No matter which, glad your ok!!!:thumbsup:

Oh man, I hate that for you. Really glad you're alright though. I hope things turn around for you soon.

Thanks everyone. Second time hitting a chunk of road and blowing out a tire. When I am on two wheels again, I will only ride to work while it is daylight.

Thanks BusaBret.

Wow. Man, I am really sorry - that just sux. But, at least you rode it through and came out unscathed... could have been a lot worse.

The bike is totaled over two wheels and an oil cooler? Is that based on age/milage/current value?

Glad you are ok Bo !!!! This is the 2nd accident, recently, with riders blowing out both tires, F'ing up both rims and both riders having good enough skill to keep the bike upright... Way to keep the shiny side up Bo !!!!.....

Have you checked with the city or county this happened in, because some will pay for the damages because its there responsability to check these roads so this does not happen, thats what you pay for from DMV.

Holy Cow Bo, you did a number on that puppy. I think you must have seen your divorcee's face on that block of asphalt!

Bad luck dude. Very bad luck!

Buy it back from the insurance company. You can have that thing up and going for a grand and still be on two wheels.

Back