H.I.D.-DDM, Vision Pro or McColloch

highestgrade

Donating Member
Registered
I'm Ready to order some H.I.D.s' for the '08. Thinking 6000K low/5000K or 4300K high. Looking for price vs quality help. I also need help confirming the '08 bulb types.

I know a lot of people who use the DDM and they work without problems. I have the McCullochs on my XX and have run them in extreme conditions and they have not failed in 5 years, so I can personally vouch for those.

have had my DDM on my '08 accord for a yr, no prob's.

plus it ahas auto lights, so like when parked in the garage i open a door, they turn on. for $50-60 if they last 1-2yrs i'm good.

i got Mc's. Got'm from a site sponsor, Xenon King... great service, good deal, no problems. they work great. 6k high and low.

thinking of using the 6000k low for looks & performance & the 5000k or 4300k high beam for performance...not sure if i should use 5000k or 4300k high. i've read alot of comments that ppl like the looks of the 6000k along with the functionability. most claim not to use their stock highs anymore. so i'm thinking of equipping my high with a K for best performance, if i need more light while equipped with a 6000k low...might as well have the best performance for the high beam. makes sense?

i got Mc's. Got'm from a site sponsor, Xenon King... great service, good deal, no problems. they work great. 6k high and low.

Could i ask how much trouble they were to install? And what the cost of them were? I would love to have them also. Thanks

A forum member told me to save my money and get a DDM kit and add a delay.

I am ordering mine today. 4300 low beam.

Last edited:
really thinking about the ddm kit with 55w bulbs...pricewise...but i read one post that said the mccullough kit was brighter than some other kits......kinda bothers me

35 watts will work without a problem I am running the DDM Kit and posted up my install. Look in the search for my post. Love them!:thumbsup:

should i go with the 35w or 55w? is it necessary for a delay?

I'm running the 35w McCulloch and it makes the road like day time. I'm running the 5000k. I haven't done enough research/personal observation of the 55w to give you an answer about that, but I would definitely get the delay relay. It's basically an $8 insurance policy. Well worth it. And they're extremely easy to install. If you need a diagram of how to do it, let me know.

Last edited:
Could i ask how much trouble they were to install? And what the cost of them were? I would love to have them also. Thanks

Hey bro. i got them for around 230 i think. it was Org price. make sure you tellm your from the Org to get the discount. they might be cheaper now or maybe same price. got me 6ks H7 and H9 bulbs. make sure you mention your bike type and year so they send you the plugn play connectors. i think they sent me the wrong harness so i had to do some work myself to fit them right. but if the harness was right it would have been a charm setting them in. I gotta say the worst is getting the fairings and nose off... if you havent done that before (remove fairing and nose) then i suggest you start when you are patient and have about 3-4 hours to spare in one go, without disturbances. probably more even... install is not complicated bro, the worst in the install is finding the best place to fit the power transmitters, 2 of them, one for each bulb. I used zip locks and double sided tape to get them in place... if you do a search on the org you will find many options or installing these. all in all, its not rocket science, it needs patience and time! Good Luck. Hope the above info helps!

Also 5 yrs no problems XenonKing....

The 55watt kit will require the use of a relay! Takes approx 6 amps to fire that bad boy up... And they do produce more light than the 35 :thumbsup:

Back