Need the help of the HID Gods

Rayc263

Registered
Hey guys need your help rather quickly im about to start my HID install as i type but hit a minor speed bump already.....

THE PROBLEM: ordered a kit for me and my brother in law both our bikes use the same size buld but he wanted a 5000k and i got a 6000k.... Both came packaged together without any identifying labels to seperate which is which... But i noticed both bulbs have a colored tube under bulb and both are different please guys help dont wanna put the wrong one in heres the pic both are from ddm tuning!!
:thumbsup: thanks in advance

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304112981.252106.jpg

IF they are DDM's then the white bar is 6000K and the blue/blk bar one is the 5000K. I have both light sets on my truck.

Ray recently I've seen some of the guys not have to trim the bulb.
you may have to or may not have to.
Like you said it's best to check it first before you cut it up.

Ray recently I've seen some of the guys not have to trim the bulb.
you may have to or may not have to.
Like you said it's best to check it first before you cut it up.

:thumbsup: thanks man actually about to start wiring right now but imma check the bulb fitment first

You could hook them up outside of the housing and you should be able to tell the color difference in them.

Thanks fellas all done thanks blanca for your how tos helped me through!! :cheerleader: first pic is before the rest are after... Yea i know i need the LED side markers going to order tomorrow... Sorry pics kind of suck used my cell

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304128311.702811.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304128353.705467.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304128423.779738.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304128478.623115.jpg

Not to sound like a moron.. but the what? I do not have a delay switch in my bike and everything is working great so far.

He is suggesting that you wire up a delay switch so that your HIDs don't flatten your battery when you turn the ignition key to On, prior to the engine actually being started. (Not necessary on the Gen 1 Busa, as there is an easy way of starting them without the lights coming on.)

He is suggesting that you wire up a delay switch so that your HIDs don't flatten your battery when you turn the ignition key to On, prior to the engine actually being started. (Not necessary on the Gen 1 Busa, as there is an easy way of starting them without the lights coming on.)

Wait... I thought that the Gen 2's cut power to the lights from the factory and the first gens needed the delay. I knw you can start it in sequence and avoid the need for a delay but the delay is for the rest of us who want to start the bike like normal.

I just use this little trick suggested by earlybird keeps head light off until bike is on and the start button is released then you may say "let there be light!!!" works like a charm! :thumbsup:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1304157581.571312.jpg

Wait... I thought that the Gen 2's cut power to the lights from the factory and the first gens needed the delay. I knw you can start it in sequence and avoid the need for a delay but the delay is for the rest of us who want to start the bike like normal.

I thought it was the Gen 2 that needed it. I do my startup the way Rayc is talking about.

Back