H.I.D. Questions….Need help

lil charlie

Registered
I’m ready to order my HID conversion set up but need some help. I found a set (low & high beam) on Ebay shipped for $35.00 from a USA company. The only problem is that you need to pick your bulb size and color temperature. WTF is a color temp? I know my Gen II has an H7 and H9 but do I tell them slim? Some kits say slim and some don’t but they look the same to me. Some are 3000k some are 6000K and up to 12000K. The norm seems to be 6000k. I don’t think I want color so should I be ordering H7 & H9 in a slim 6000K clear? What do you guys have?

I asked the seller what I should get and he sent me to a like where you put in your year, make and model and it tells you what you need but it is only for cars.

Here is what he sent me:

For check your cool car HID headlamp bulbs size, please go to this website

OSRAM SYLVANIA - Replacement Guide - Start

For check what color temperature you would like to, please go to:

Welcome To ShopXenon (3000k)
Welcome To ShopXenon ( 4300-5000k)
Welcome To ShopXenon (6000k)
Welcome To ShopXenon (10000k)
**the color of the photos on the website is for reference only**

We also have the Pink ,but I don't know why this website didn't show out. Thx:)

P.S: Please remind us what bulbs size and color temperature you would like to,
after you place the order. Thx~~:

Sent: Monday, April 04, 2011 1:42 PM
To: jinhuiandrew8888@hotmail.com
Subject: Details about item: kstandley123 sent a message about Suzuki Hayabusa 08-09 Xenon HID Bulbs Slim Kit Lights #130390760015

Hello, color temperature is the color you want. What that means is the higher the number the more white or blue it is. Higher the number the brighter to. Hope this helps!

Go with a slim ballast. The temp of the light is preference. Some like the white light some like a blue tint to the light.

So if I tell them white the highter the number the brighter the white. Does that mean if I tell them I want that blue or red that the higher the number the brighter the blue/red. Or does that mean that some thin low on the scale like 3000K is white and it turn more blue when you get to 12000K. I want something bright but I want the same clear/yellow color as the stock bulb. Any ideas???

Slims are the way to go!!! Don't forget your delay box. My install; don't have to disconnect anything when removing the nose. (Just the basic plugs you would have w/ normal lights) Don't know the room on a GENII, but you get the idea.

HID NOSE.jpg

I'm running xenon 8k H.I.D on a GEN2 which gives me a blueish tint and required no nose removal for me or delay box. I put my non slim ballast on my ram air tubes and have had no issues whatsoever. Reason for putting my ballast on ram tubes was easy access over painful removal of the nose in the event i had to replace a ballast or bulb.

Thanks guys. Sounds like I want a slim setup somewhere around 6000k to 8000k. The good news is my nose is already off. Just replaced it over the weekend so I want to add hid before I button it all back up. Just so everyone knows, it only took 20mins to get the nose off my bike and now that I know how I bet it could be done in 10 mind. Not painfull at all.
Posted via Mobile Device

lower the color temp the more light is put out. 3700 is going to be about the same color as sunlight. 6k will start to get blue, 10k is blue, higher than that gets deeper blue then turns violet.

the lowest k temp will be amber/yellow/gold or whatever you want to call it. 4500-5k is white.

slim ballasts are digital, thats why they are slim. ive never owned any slims so i cant say which one is better.

6000k it is. I don’t mind a little blue tint but don't want completely blue.
Posted via Mobile Device

I just installed a set of 5K HIDs in my Gen II and could not be happier with them. Vast improvement over stock bulbs.

so if i tell them white the highter the number the brighter the white. Does that mean if i tell them i want that blue or red that the higher the number the brighter the blue/red. Or does that mean that some thin low on the scale like 3000k is white and it turn more blue when you get to 12000k. I want something bright but i want the same clear/yellow color as the stock bulb. Any ideas???

Is their any heat issue with using high temp Hid bulbs? And do Hid make a lot of heat more then stock bulbs?

HID and LED lights use a lot less amps and produces much more light. There is not any heat issues when using HID. I was riding at night next to a guy on a Gen I and I was floored by how much light they put out.

So do you have to add a relay

You don't have to add a relay or on/off switch, but some HID ballast have failed because of the power on/off at start that occurs on later year Busa.

I would be temped to install the TDR. On the Gen II I think you can push the starter and then turn the key to on to prevent this, but don't quote me.

So do you have to add a relay

No relay if you buy the "plug in play" kits. They come with bulbs and ballasts. Look on Ebay for HID hayabusa 08-09 (only cuz mines a genII) and you will see the kits. $35.00 is a smoking price so Im not worried about it burning out after a few years, if it does I will just get a new set. Plus the ones I'm looking at have a 2yr waranty.

I got mine from DDM tuning. I ordered an extra ballast just in case one blows I have it on hand. Don't forget the LEDs for the running lights or you'll be taking things apart again in a week..

Back