Gsxr 1000 fender fitted on the bird .

The 1k fender is 1 lb lighter than the Busa's?!
That's a huge difference!
I never would have guessed it was so much, but we know c10 is on point with weight reduction.
I know the 1k is not nearly as aerodynamic, but unless you're looking for every mph possible on top end, losing 1 lb is a pretty big deal.
Good info.

The 1k fender is 1 lb lighter than the Busa's?!
That's a huge difference!
I never would have guessed it was so much, but we know c10 is on point with weight reduction.
I know the 1k is not nearly as aerodynamic, but unless you're looking for every mph possible on top end, losing 1 lb is a pretty big deal.
Good info.
I never really drank the Kool Aid on weight reduction with the Busa, good on the ones that have, it makes for interesting reading on how that is going.
Of course I have only owned one since July, maybe next July I'll think about weight reduction.

I never really drank the Kool Aid on weight reduction with the Busa, good on the ones that have, it makes for interesting reading on how that is going.
Of course I have only owned one since July, maybe next July I'll think about weight reduction.

I like to drag knees, and every bit of weight loss counts. Just going from stock exhaust to aftermarket was dramatic when flicking the gen2 side to side through curves.

I plan on another gsxr1k, but have been searching Craigslist for the last couple years for a gsxr1k with a Busa engine swapped in.
It's a rare conversion, but I've seen a few on the internet over the years.
Would be the best of both worlds to me.

I like to drag knees, and every bit of weight loss counts. Just going from stock exhaust to aftermarket was dramatic when flicking the gen2 side to side through curves.

I plan on another gsxr1k, but have been searching Craigslist for the last couple years for a gsxr1k with a Busa engine swapped in.
It's a rare conversion, but I've seen a few on the internet over the years.
Would be the best of both worlds to me.

I hear you, although my knee dragging days are long behind me, I bought the bike with a full Yosh exhaust so it is at least lighter than stock to begin with. I find it handles very well for the type of riding I do.

Having a dedicated "hooligan" sport bike is smart if you are really wanting to ride like a GP rider. A 1k Gixxer isn't that far behind a Busa for top speed anyway and handles much quicker.

All the new 1 liter bikes are on par or exceed the Busa for almost everything except distance riding but if you are young, you can endure them for a while longer than us old guys.

I hear you, although my knee dragging days are long behind me, I bought the bike with a full Yosh exhaust so it is at least lighter than stock to begin with. I find it handles very well for the type of riding I do.

Having a dedicated "hooligan" sport bike is smart if you are really wanting to ride like a GP rider. A 1k Gixxer isn't that far behind a Busa for top speed anyway and handles much quicker.

All the new 1 liter bikes are on par or exceed the Busa for almost everything except distance riding but if you are young, you can endure them for a while longer than us old guys.

I'm 41, and have my share of old injuries.
I've owned 1k's and ridden many.
The 1k's just fit me better, after 3 1/2 years on a gen2, I hated the long gas tank, even after a Spiegler bar conversion.
I traded my gen2 even for a B-King with zero regrets. I sold the B-King after 1 1/2 years or so, with plans to buy another 1k.
That's been over 4 years now, and I've been riding my friends' bikes since.
My daughter is 7(and slowed me down way too much, but no regrets), and time to ride hasn't been enough to justify high insursnce on a garage queen.
If I found a well done Busa engine in a 1k, at a realistic price, I'de probably grab it.
In the meantime, I'm tieing up loose ends on my around the house "to-do" list, in preperation for another bike by spring.
Recently I've been considering buying 2 1k's, in the $3-4k price range each.
That way I have an extra so I always have someone to ride with.
Decisions. I'll suprise everyone(myself included), and have something soon enough, and no one will have to listen to me babble about it anymore.
As for a stuntbike, yeah that Will happen as soon as I get my driveway paved, it's 700' long, and I can stunt all I want and no one can say or do anything about it, lol.

I thought that maybe the most affected . When I tried out 2 other smaller carbon fenders , I felt the bike changed direction better / easier with the current standard style at high speed , in comparison . I don't think it was a massive difference , but a difference none the less . I will be interested what your thoughts are C10 after a while running your setup . I have been looking at those guards in carbon recently because of your recent pics , but have liked the look since I first seen @mabupa bike posted up . I would like this look on my next Busa .
I think a carbon gsxr fender would look great on your busa toad!

I really like the look too , but anyone know if it affects the factory designed aerodynamics and the airflow for the coolers ?
I think the only concern would be increasing the chances of taking a rock to your radiator, but I run a radiator guard, so I never even compared the two fenders to see if the back of the gsxr was that much shorter to create any concerns. Maybe @c10 can take some measurements. I sold my OEM fender, because I hated how huge it looked on my white bike. On black busa, it doesn’t stand out as much, IMHO.

Just a tip for anyone looking to do this. I noticed that a lot of the fenders I was finding were white, so I went on colorrite’s website and looked up the gsxr color codes and turns out that it was the same as my busa(for my bike and the specific gsxr fender I was looking at, not sure about other years), so I bought a new “old stock” inventory fender in matching white for less than $100 and saved some money, since I didn’t have to pay the body shop to color match it. Be careful though, I’ve learned that Suzuki used one color code for the white and also black busas up to 2011 and then switched them both starting in 2012.

^ truth, I found someone with a certain year gsxr white that matched the 2011 busa white using colorrite site as well.

The orange 08 busa also has an orange gsxr fender match. Buddy did to his.

Stock fender 28 inchs, and add 2.5 more for the rear mud guard ( factory) 13 inchs wide.

1000 fender is 21 inches long and 11 inchs wide.
Phots as requested

DSC_0374.JPG

DSC_0376.JPG

DSC_0377.JPG

DSC_0378.JPG

DSC_0375.JPG

DSC_0379.JPG

DSC_0380.JPG

Did you have to modify anything to make it fit on your gen1? If direct bolt on, what year gsxr the fender came off of? @jeffgordons24 likes the mod, but has a genI.

I think there was a thread on here or another forum that shows you how to make it fit. Definitely not a 1 for 1 swap you have to make little brackets cause the bolt holes on the fender don’t line up

I think there was a thread on here or another forum that shows you how to make it fit. Definitely not a 1 for 1 swap you have to make little brackets cause the bolt holes on the fender don’t line up
Ok. Yes, that thread is somewhere here. I thought maybe you found a gsxr fender model that was a straight bolt on.

Back