Gsxr 1000 fender fitted on the bird .

c10

Registered
A friend painted it for me. Need to order mount bolts with a smaller head as hayabusa ones are so large they rub the plastic. 21.78 mm for stock fender bolt recessed area, and 18.7 for gsxr1000.

DSC_0350.JPG

DSC_0351.JPG

DSC_0352.JPG

DSC_0353.JPG

DSC_0354.JPG

DSC_0355.JPG

1543201122375.jpg

I want to see it when you're done. I'm not much a fan of the 1k fender but maybe I'll have a different opinion with yours being black like mine.

I’m running a Gsxr fender on my Busa as well :beerchug:

Lighter and IMO looks better than the stock Busa fender. It’s a fairly cheap mod to Sport up the old Birds appearance

I have been itching for a CF front fender and I am very glad I saw this because now I may consider a gsxr front fender in carbon
It looks great.
@mabupa the pic you shared it actually looks like your bike with the GSXR fender is how it should be. The oem fender looks like those side skirts on the 57 chevys or the gay skirts from the original insights.

1CB206D8-FD61-47C1-927B-FFF26BD6F3B8.jpeg

3D3AFCC5-9FF7-43B1-9363-CE54FEEE4E1B.jpeg

I have been itching for a CF front fender and I am very glad I saw this because now I may consider a gsxr front fender in carbon
It looks great.
@mabupa the pic you shared it actually looks like your bike with the GSXR fender is how it should be. The oem fender looks like those side skirts on the 57 chevys or the gay skirts from the original insights.

View attachment 1589258

View attachment 1589259
WAIT A MINUTE!!!!
You guys I have a gen 1 :mad:
LOL!!!!! The OEM sure is big!! It can be done on a gen1. Might be more work and require a different year GSXR fender, but there is a thread somewhere on this forum with pictures and comments from gen1 owners.

I really like the look too , but anyone know if it affects the factory designed aerodynamics and the airflow for the coolers ?
It only affects top speed . Toad if you look at LSR birds you will find a even larger fender covering more tire in the frontal area . My swap was not so much the look but ease of tire / wheel removal . Also my front fender was slightly damaged on left corner . You wouldn't notice unless it was pointed out .

I thought that maybe the most affected . When I tried out 2 other smaller carbon fenders , I felt the bike changed direction better / easier with the current standard style at high speed , in comparison . I don't think it was a massive difference , but a difference none the less . I will be interested what your thoughts are C10 after a while running your setup . I have been looking at those guards in carbon recently because of your recent pics , but have liked the look since I first seen @mabupa bike posted up . I would like this look on my next Busa .

Back