got my gsxr fender installed today, here are the mandatory pics

hemi

Registered
gsxr 1000 (05-06) fender came today and got it installed, think it looks great! Little ticked off with the seller though. Opened the box and the brand new fender wasn't wrapped or anything, just loosely in the box with some paper packaging, so the fender got scuffed up a bit in shipment. Not a big deal though bc u can't even see much of it when installed. My other gripe, this is clearly not an 05-06 fender, if u guys say it bolts right on with no modifications. Had to modify it a bit to get the brake line holder on, drilling a larger hole for the bolt, and also dremeled off the tab so the clip would sit flush on the fender. Also the two bolts that bolt the fender on the front of the caliper, the heads were too large to recess into the fender, so luckily i had spare bolts layin around from a bolt kit. After a little frustration getting the stocker off, and modifying the new one, finally got it on. Anyways, here are the "as promised" pics like always:laugh: The first pic is obviously the stocker, so u can see the difference

009.jpg

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

009.jpg

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

im on the fence...i like it, but at the same time i think it looks a little small to flow with the big bodywork the busa comes with

We need a side shot with the cowl on and the tank bag off:laugh:
But it looks good, now you just need the 1000 tail to match:poke:

I think it looks a bit small for the fairing, but that is just my opinion.

I like it. I am thinking about ordering a cf version

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not for me. Sorry, I don't think there is anything wrong with it if you like it, but I think the stocker has the proper scale for the bike.:beerchug:

i agree i think it looks a bit small with the big bodywork and fenders, but i also think it gives the front end a little sportier look, no? Kind of surprised to hear a few people who don't like it, in the other thread about the fender mod, seemed like everyone loved the look. Will have to get it outside and get a better look in the next few days

i agree i think it looks a bit small with the big bodywork and fenders, but i also think it gives the front end a little sportier look, no? Kind of surprised to hear a few people who don't like it, in the other thread about the fender mod, seemed like everyone loved the look. Will have to get it outside and get a better look in the next few days

Bro , I like how it shows more of the front tire and opens things up a bit . I am in the process of doing the same thing . :thumbsup:

good to see one good comment about it lol. Will see how i like it after a few days

Good thing is you can always put the stock fender back on if you don't like it after awhile. Trial and error , that's part of modding ! :thumbsup:

Back