Great road just got better

Lurch

The milkman cometh!!!
Donating Member
Registered
Those that were here in Wisconsin for the first MnG may remember Snake road out in Lake Geneva. Well Velociraptor and I were out yesterday running a tour I found in a bike book and we went down Snake road. Half way through the road was closed. We didn't mind. It was closed for new pavement. Should be open next weekend and ready to be tore up from the floor up. We have been having plenty of rain to wash away the residule oil.

Just thought I would let the peeps in the area know in case you did not already know.:beerchug::cheerleader:

Hello upper midwest peeps!
Down in my neck o' the woods, they do new paving and then use about 18 inches of crushed limestone on the edges. Dang trucks and trailers pull that crap on the road in the corners...takes about a month or more for the road to be safe to ride hard...be careful!

Hello upper midwest peeps!
Down in my neck o' the woods, they do new paving and then use about 18 inches of crushed limestone on the edges. Dang trucks and trailers pull that crap on the road in the corners...takes about a month or more for the road to be safe to ride hard...be careful!

Same here Ace, but this road is thru a RICH OLD subdivision if you will in Lake Geneva. Yep right past Capones old hide out. No shoulders, no BIG trucks.

I just mapqwested it, from here to Lake Geneva is 3 hours, I was looking for a little road trip this weekend with Labor day comming up, is the surrounding roads worth the trip?

Is this Snake road worth the 3 hours to get there?

Any input on the area would be nice

Thanks

Back