Road Hazard

Big O

Physicist Genii
Donating Member
Registered
Spring time, flowers blooming, time for a little run up the canyon.  I came around a corner and in the next corner is a guy shoo-ing something away from him with his jacket.  I can't see it it's around the corner so I slow waay down, a stray dog, a coyote?  I come around the corner not wanting to stop in case it IS a dog or coyote that might bite me.

All I see is a little piece of rubber from a tire laying in the middle of the road, then a little white mouth and TWO FANGS! Holy Shinola! a Rattlesnake! striking at ME!  I was about 5 feet away from this 2 ft baby snake so he didn't come close enough, but WOOO! baby!  What big brass ones to be striking at a motorcycle.

Now I remember what Else comes out in the spring time, Rattlesnakes.  Watch the roads in the mornings for the little critters out sunning themselves on the blacktop.

Funny and interesting story Big O, there are supposed to be quite a few up here also. I'll keep an ey out. ( it was 95 here yesterday and should be a little hotter today... )
wow.gif
smile.gif

i have been out in the country and almost hit a turtle, taranchula, road runnrer, cats, dogs, and a bull ......guess the zoo was full
rock.gif

watch out in the country too many critters on the loose out there ........oh yea dont try to jump the turtle like a speed bump it tends to move when you hit it .....friend did almost lost it ....
biggrin.gif

last year i killed a skunk on my nighthawk going through the mountains. almost went down but i was able to recover. watch out for those critters out there.

Back