gps is finally done, pics included

hemi

Registered
got my ram mount today for the gps, these mounts are great. Here's a few pics of the install

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

this is where i installed the 12v accessory cig lighter socket in the tail, ty-wrapped it to the rail under the plastic cross brace of the plastic tail so it won't vibrate loose, wiring it straight to the battery. Let me know what u guys think

001.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

005.jpg

not really, pretty close. Need to do some final adjustments when i go out for a long ride to see which postion i like best. This is my old garmin 200w i first bought and i have a nuvi 780 for my truck/service van. Now i'm considering buying the nuvi 1490t for the truck so i can use the 780 on the bike, the 200w kind of sucks. Yes, i have a spending problem

thanks. Probably won't end up using the gps all the time but figured i had an xtra gps laying around that i don't use anymore so why not mount it to the bike. If someone steals it off the bike, good for them:laugh::laugh:

The bigger thing about Motorcycle GPS units is their weather resistance. The ZUMO units and the Nuvi 500 series units are IPX7 rated, which is completely water proof. (The rating is up to 1 meter, but I wouldn't want to test that one.) I guess Garmin chose not to rate the foreign object intrusion and left it as an X. Also, the 500 series battery life is up to 8 hrs. Can't speak to that one yet, just installed it today.

Heres my Nuvi 550 on the same setup as yours:

IMG_4859.jpg

I agree, I would like to see the stem mount part number too. I have a Garmin Quest II that I have created a custom ram mount, but i am interested in how you did yours.

here is the stem mount i ordered, u just have to buy the right cradle to hold the gps, and the cradle bolts right to the two holes shown in the top of the mount

Part Details

Pure custom. I fabricated the plate from bar stock aluminum and used a standard Ram ball mount (B3093U), and just painted it black. The rest is all Ram parts.

Back