Government Shutdown?

i have my eye on something worse...today is October 1st.

yep, im at work for free today. must be here, however i wont get paid for it. I will if they ever get this resolved. till then my retirement is on hold and health ins will expire. There was a republican on mpn news this morning saying how enightening and exciting this process has been for the house and senate. he was just as happy as a lark this morning. what a prick. no thought whatsoever for the 800,000 people that will be home without pay. some people in our office are home indefinately w/o pay. GRRRRRR! I cant wait till elections, even though voting in my state will not matter.

Agreed fire them all take away all the free health care and retirement for them damn scabs. They are sucking the life right out of this country with all their bs.

Here is what I think the answer is.. Pretty easy too...

The GOP should agree to the healthcare reforms with one caveat or condition. All of congress and the president and cabinet have to use public health care just like the rest of us.. Let them eat with the peasants and then tell us how good slop tastes.

On my way in to see the impact now. I'm exempt for now because of my position funding. But, that won't last long.

On my way in to see the impact now. I'm exempt for now because of my position funding. But, that won't last long.

Rick can't you send an email to congress or something from your mail server? I sure would appreciate that.

Here is what I think the answer is.. Pretty easy too...

The GOP should agree to the healthcare reforms with one caveat or condition. All of congress and the president and cabinet have to use public health care just like the rest of us.. Let them eat with the peasants and then tell us how good slop tastes.

Those guys having to live like the rest of us :rofl:

Just listen to a Obama Care pay report, and by 2016 a person making $50,000 per year will be paying $6-$8,000 a year with a $5,000 Deductable for Insurance :laugh:
And people think we should just vote to pass this bill and everything will be just FINE :banghead:

Why can't the average Joe get a PRESIDENTIAL WAVER out of Obama Care, just like 1,500 other companies plus the UNIONS and CONGRESS ???

"OH YEAH", the average person is looked at, as just a POOR, WEAK, STUPID, GUN CARING IDIOT who needs the Government to take care of them and told what they need and don't need.
With a financial penalty (only those who don't work for the Government or Unions) if they don't comply with Government Required Purchases. :whistle:

It really infuriates me that it had to come to this. This is the first administration in the history of our county that has YET to pass a BUDGET not ONCE in ANY TERM, let alone TWO. The House had proposed a budget every year, but the Dem controlled Senate won't even debate it. Nancy Pelosi stands up and says "the Republicans won't negotiate (they have offered to more than once) then says THEY won't. The press lets them get away with that bovine scatology. Remember how Obamacare passed; thru a procedural end-run and by ONE vote. Yes folks, It's THAT BAD and worth fighting against, as it dramatically changes the country and can't hardly be undone. They could have negotiated then, but refused. Writing legislation that they immediately waive for themselves DEMONSTRATES how bad it is and how much out of touch they really are.

I say let the Republicans stand firm; it's about time. The blame for this falls squarely on President Obama and the Dems, and they need to take the blame for it.

It really infuriates me that it had to come to this. This is the first administration in the history of our county that has YET to pass a BUDGET not ONCE in ANY TERM, let alone TWO. The House had proposed a budget every year, but the Dem controlled Senate won't even debate it. Nancy Pelosi stands up and says "the Republicans won't negotiate (they have offered to more than once) then says THEY won't. The press lets them get away with that bovine scatology. Remember how Obamacare passed; thru a procedural end-run and by ONE vote. Yes folks, It's THAT BAD and worth fighting against, as it dramatically changes the country and can't hardly be undone. They could have negotiated then, but refused. Writing legislation that they immediately waive for themselves DEMONSTRATES how bad it is and how much out of touch they really are.

I say let the Republicans stand firm; it's about time. The blame for this falls squarely on President Obama and the Dems, and they need to take the blame for it.

Are you kidding me. The republicans are to blame for this hands down. Why do the have to debate the affordable care act along with the budget. Why can they just pass
or not pass one item at a time. The affordable care act passed as law..if you don't like the law then repeal it. You can't just ignore it or break it just because you don't like it. Believe me there are many laws on the books that you and I don't like but we can't just break the law. the repucs are holding the nation hostage over an issue that they just don't like. that's Bull. Console all the people who are going home today with out pay. see how much damage this is going to do to the economy. I agree that congress should not get any exemptions along with the Corps and Unions but to totally unfund (just because you don't agree with it) the law is ridiculous. The president was reelected, the affordable care act was put into law by congress so let's get over it.

This is when I'm happy I don't support either side...at what point will Americans stop pointing to the other side and realize it's ALL OF THEM? They are all to blame, for all of the bad decisions and special interests for decades now, for all of the laws handed down that they exempt themselves from, for all of those earmarks that seem so insignificant at the time, for making this country more and more divisive than it's ever been and making gov't larger than it ever should be?? It's not just one side's fault; it's all of gov't, ALL OF THEM!! It really does need to be cast aside and we need a fresh start, one that wipes the slate clean of every bit of stupid spending the huge gov't wheel has created...

But, perhaps that's just me... :2cents:

This is when I'm happy I don't support either side...at what point will Americans stop pointing to the other side and realize it's ALL OF THEM? They are all to blame, for all of the bad decisions and special interests for decades now, for all of the laws handed down that they exempt themselves from, for all of those earmarks that seem so insignificant at the time, for making this country more and more divisive than it's ever been and making gov't larger than it ever should be?? It's not just one side's fault; it's all of gov't, ALL OF THEM!! It really does need to be cast aside and we need a fresh start, one that wipes the slate clean of every bit of stupid spending the huge gov't wheel has created...

But, perhaps that's just me... :2cents:

I agree get rid of all of them especially the republicans :rofl::poke::laugh:

This is what happened to my family and I do not blame the president on the system. 4 July was my last day of active duty after 12 and half years of serves. I did not want to leave the ARMY, and I did not break any laws. In 2008 I deployed to Iraq again and VOLUNTEERED to convoy logistical content to the smaller fobs for my year in Iraq. It wasn't a bad gig just had to work a rotating hours. While in Iraq my convoy platoon sgt died and I was put in charge of his convoy duties and my own. I began to gain weight because of the stress of everything but I didn't complain I just kept soldering. It was time for my yearly evaluation and I was given a physical fitness test that I passed with a 278 but I failed the weight in, I'm guessing due to stress. My ratter at the time was the1sgt who never left the wire. The 1sgt gave me a 4 or needs improvement for my weight. I was pissed but I understand I was overweight. 2012 DOA passes a new rule stating that if you have ever had a 4 on your evaluation as a NCO you not reenlist in the U.S ARMY. So I had to ride out the nest 14 months as a hard worker until my time came up to get out. I was such a hard work I had 108 days of LV at the end because of all my deployments. The way the new rule worked out was that I was not involuntary separated and did not qualify for full service pay. I was able to fight and get half pay, which was cool with me at the time. I received the check from the ARMY for my service pay which was good in my eyes. Nest I got a stamens from the VA saying I qualified for disability and I was like cool but I wouldn't receive a disability check until my service pay was paid back. I also signed up for the ARMY reserves and found out that I would not be making any money from them because I get disability. And you can tell I don't know how to play the game.
My wife works for the DOD and was getting hit hard for the ferlos( 20% loss in pay and you can't file unemployment) she went to work this morning and they told here to pack up her office and they did not know when she will be coming back. We saved a few dollars and we are keeping are head up that everything will work out.

Just needed to get that off my chest

This is not a game of chicken, its a game of stupidity.... basically the GOP held the budget hostage trying to change something that was passed into law, not only once but 42 times they tried. What is the definition of insanity again? The law was approved by the Supreme court, it is constitutionally legal. Its over move the heck on and quit the political grand standing. The latest hinged on the Dem just folding and submitting to their tactics of trying to tie something that has nothing to do with funding the government but they didn't and now the GOP is left looking really selfish.

I don't know why people insist on quoting numbers that are not accurate, plain and simple the affordable care act is for everyone to pay for insurance, which gets rid of some of the biggest problems that contribute to rising hospital cost, people with no health insurance using the ER as their general physician.

For those not covered through work, you have options and different tiers, of course the higher tier has a higher payment but lower out of pocket and deductible and the lower tier is the opposite, this is the same as my company plan. The one big difference is that family member that could not get insurance before because they had a preexisting condition can now get coverage, and those who meet certain income levels get part of the cost subsidized making it duh "affordable health care" why is this a bad thing?

Check the facts for yourself. I don't qualify because I have HC from my employer, but I'm happy for those who are not blessed with those same resources.

https://www.healthcare.gov/marketplace/individual/

Lillblack, I sure hope things level out soon for you and the wife. That just stinks :(

Too funny Jon Stewart's Rockin' Shutdown Eve

[video]http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/mon-september-30-2013/jon-stewart-s-rockin--shutdown-eve?xrs=share_copy[/video]

Are you kidding me. Nope, he's not kidding you! The republicans are to blame for this hands down. Why do the have to debate the affordable care act along with the budget. Why can they just pass
or not pass It's called "Leverage" and without it you can't negotiate. Its by design and the constitution allows it for a reason. Remember that campaign promise "I will veto un-necessary programs line by line when they reach my desk"? Has that happened once in the past five years?one item at a time. I have a feeling that will happen. Congress will pass government funding such as military, dept of homeland security etc. one at a time and Harry Reid will reject each and every one as they arrive in the senate. Do you blame Harry's actions on the Republicans? The affordable care act passed as law..if you don't like the law then repeal it. If you were paying attention, it's not a law, it's a tax. Remember when Obama preached to us that he would never raise taxes on the middle class? Well, obviously he failed to keep that promise. Until it reached the Supreme Court it was a law, then suddenly it became a tax. So, as John Kerry says, it was a law before it was a tax. :dunno: You can't just ignore it or break it just because you don't like it. Really? You must be unfamiliar with "Eric Holder"! Believe me there are many laws on the books that you and I don't like but we can't just break the law. the repucs are holding the nation hostage over an issue that they just don't like. that's Bull. Console all the people who are going home today with out pay. see how much damage this is going to do to the economy. This nation's government has been shut down 17 times in the past and as far as I can figure everyone whom was sent home actually got a paid vacation. If this thing goes on for a month and the government continues to run without issue, maybe we should eliminate these jobs all together and save the poor tax payer some cash? After all, I don't believe Federal Employees are entitled to a job anymore than I am entitled to a job at Microsoft. :dunno: I agree that congress should not get any exemptions along with the Corps and Unions but to totally unfund (just because you don't agree with it) the law is ridiculous. The government didn't shut down due to un-funding Obama Care, Harry Reid shut it down because he refused to remove or even negotiate the tax on medical devices and remove congress and the White House from exempting themselves from the Affordable Care Act. The president was reelected, the affordable care act was put into law by congress so let's get over it.

Oh, I forgot to mention that there will be another 15,000 (Maybe more) new IRS agents to come knocking on your door if you fail to pay your "Affordable Care Taxes" But then, if you flash your democratic party registration card maybe they will simply ignore you. After all, the IRS now has a history of party preference!

So Please, spare us the sermon!

I have issues with both parties and there is enough blame to go around. But lets be fair when it comes to pointing fingers!

Back