Government Shutdown?

Disagree

what do you disagree with? I am working for free right now. yes i will eventually get back paid, but that doesnt pay the bills if i start missing pay checks. our lady that does payroll is home indefinately WITH NO PAY(ever) till a bill is passed. My state always votes R no matter what. This election will be no different. I go in and vote for who i think is best and it doesnt matter for my local officials. If it doesnt say R on the ballot you will not be elected in KS for the most part. In fact my local senator mike peterson was a democrat. He changed his title to republican and got elected the next year. Tell me how that happens. His views didnt change, just his title of R. Anyhow I am going to stay out of this conversation as I like my friends here too much to shove my views in front of anyone. I dont want to see any feelers get hurt by something that we cannot control at this point in time.

sorry guys im keeping my neck out of this one.

Lets all make sure that we can shake hands at the end of the conversation and at least agree to disagree.

I hate to say it but you are obviously in a non essential government job and therefore on furlough. To be honest as our country is 17 trillion dollars in debt, printing money and devaluing the currency and about to raise the spending limit again, I think its a wake up call and alot of these non essential jobs should be trimmed or cut entirely. Im not trying to be harsh and I understand that it's your job and lifestyle at risk but we obviously cannot sustain this bloated government and the spending that goes with it. The fact that a public servant (government employee) makes nearly twice the salary as a private person in the same type of occupation and your retirement and benefits are way better than most private sector jobs is a case in point. We need a constitutional reset. By the way as a government worker your paid 2 weeks behind so your check will still come after 2 weeks and you will get paid for the furlough time anyway when the budget gets passed.

absolutely not true....all of it, with the exception of the govt debt and size.

I look at this way a majority of the people don't want Obama care it was forced down our throats. The GOP is doing what the majority and I want stop Obama care. That's what congress is supposed to do represent the people. Obama wants it in because it has his name on it. I said it before an I'll say it again what the He(( did he do or run before becoming president. NOTHING he didn't even serve a full term in congress. I feel sorry for my kids the election in the future will all be decided by people who want something for nothing and are as dumb as a box of rocks! Who want to suck off the rest of the working people like leaches.

The health care does not have his name on it. get it straight. That "obamacare" was coined by Republicans. A talk show host, Falon, went out into the street and ask people if they were in favor of Obama Care. Most said no. But when asked do they support the Affordable health care act they said yes. Go figure bunch of totally uninformed people.

Disagree

what do you disagree with? I am working for free right now. yes i will eventually get back paid, but that doesnt pay the bills if i start missing pay checks. our lady that does payroll is home indefinately WITH NO PAY(ever) till a bill is passed. My state always votes R no matter what. This election will be no different. I go in and vote for who i think is best and it doesnt matter for my local officials. If it doesnt say R on the ballot you will not be elected in KS for the most part. In fact my local senator mike peterson was a democrat. He changed his title to republican and got elected the next year. Tell me how that happens. His views didnt change, just his title of R. Anyhow I am going to stay out of this conversation as I like my friends here too much to shove my views in front of anyone. I dont want to see any feelers get hurt by something that we cannot control at this point in time.

sorry guys im keeping my neck out of this one.

Lets all make sure that we can shake hands at the end of the conversation and at least agree to disagree.

Disagree was better than saying your whining flies in the face of the millions of unemployed / underemployed Americans that struggle daily and have for many years. Many have lost everything. I was a 10% er in a federal job for 25 years, so I have some insight .....

Read the Constitution, if your department or service is not covered in it you are nonessential and just a luxury in someones mind. This go's for everything the Feds waste money on not just workers. Not saying the states shouldn't pick up these wants, they should at some level but that should be up to the state to decide how much $ and how t set up who gets what from the productive, value adding, citizens taxes.

I don't understand your point on this one! Just because millions of people don't have car insurance doesn't negate the fact that you have to have it. A 200 ticket to some hurts a lot, and losing your license can be extremely detrimental if you have to drive to work and you cant and as a result you lose your job. The fact that they do it anyway is irrelevant.. get caught with out a license a few times then you go to jail. That's a pretty stiff penalty. Then who is going to support this fool while he is in jail? We are.

Actually, you DO NOT have to drive to sustain life. You may need to, but you don't HAVE to. This is a tax on citizens because they BREATHE; not even close to the same thing. I think this will eventually go back to SCOTUS as an unconstitutional tax (not that SCOTUS in it's ruling clearly states it is - and I think that's what Justice Roberts was hinting at), but it can't until it actually goes into effect. What I think you'll see is eventually it will be ruled unconstitutional, and have to be changed/repealed, but not before we waste a TON of taxpayer money on it.

Dad, millions of government employees haven't lost EVERYTHING because they missed ONE paycheck - welcome to the REAL world. There was some guy on there lamenting that he'd lose his house over missing one paycheck - BS liberal media propaganda; only if he's already missed 6 or more payments when he WAS getting paid, and if so that's HIS fault.

I suspect this will take about 3 weeks to settle out. Anybody that didn't see this coming and try to prepare for it....

Actually, you DO NOT have to drive to sustain life. You may need to, but you don't HAVE to. This is a tax on citizens because they BREATHE.

That was A point I was going to make but didnt have time. Liberty in this country means if you choose not to participate in the system you need not and wont be penalized or coerced into doing so. A tax on being a person is unconstitutional and similar to the reasons we broke away from England.

Yep it was the reason for the Revolution.

That was A point I was going to make but didnt have time. Liberty in this country means if you choose not to participate in the system you need not and wont be penalized or coerced into doing so. A tax on being a person is unconstitutional and similar to the reasons we broke away from England.

The NPS has*stationed officers*along the Chesapeake & Ohio Canal that runs 184 miles from Washington, D.C. to Cumberland, Maryland to make sure nobody uses the bike paths. It would have required*less*manpower to keep this trail open. The*handles on all the well pumps*have also been removed.

They're sending patrols around all the blocked areas to put back barriers as people take them off, so they are literally spending more now to close them than when they were open. It's complete crap.

Why do we need officers in a park anyway?Maybe its time to hand back all the national parks to the states they sit in, states cant deficit spend and will run them as well or better than the national government, at a profit. Move all DC monuments to Va or Md, or just knock them down as they don't represent what the hell is going on in that traitorous city anyway.

Yep. its time to throw the bums out. I mean the life long professional "public servants" Who have become a ruling class in America. They are no longer serving us They are ruling us. They need to have their pay cut in half and be subject to every law they deem appropriate for the general population. They need to be limited to 8 years total in congress as well.

Back