Got my NEW PIRELLI Zrated 240mm Tire today

turb06LE240

Registered
It finally came, the new {1st to enter the country, strait from my freind at Pirelli/USA}...
cool.gif

Z RATED 240MM 18" TIRE,
I took it rite down had it mounted and blanced, I am all souped up, it looks awesome compound feels super sticky, Its definetly going to be a SMOKER its a dark soft rubber, they tend to pour out white smoke when you get them spinning. Not that I will be spinning a $300 tire to often...
wink.gif

But now Im just waiting on the Turbo {whih is 2-3 weeks over due}
sad.gif
There supposingly waiting for a flange and it will go rite out....
But if that comes soon, I could have the bike done in a couple of weeks....
Heres a couple pics to see
biggrin.gif
mounted pon my chrome Performnce Machine Hustler wheel.....

240.JPG

(bigoltool @ Jan. 10 2007,12:37) About time a tire company adressed this!
exactly, I was told by my freind at Pirelli {who also makes metzler} that the metzler-240 was not to go over 125, its rated for 139{vrated} but the tire is for wide tire conversions on metric cruising bikes,they dont even like them on the hard tail chopper {supposed to be harder on tires, I dont see how}
But the only other alternatives were the avon 250 {which is a chopper tire and has a horrible compound IMO, and doesnt fit a lot of 240 arms} and the dunlop 240 which I wouldnt take to 100mph never mind 150+... SO everone went with the metzler, and there has been a few incidents with sportbikes useing there tire, that why they went to the diablo series tread and compounds, with a steel belt...

One more thiing you can drop your bike rite to the tire because this tire will not grow like the rest of them, SWEEEEET  
biggrin.gif

Its gonna go on soon, I am waiting on the turbo., Im gona call him rite now...

Back