New kid on the block...hi end tires

raydog

Enjoying 1 road at a time
Donating Member
Registered
Racers much faster than me tell me the Pirelli Rosso Corsa, when properly heated, feels and acts just like a track only slick, and is a DOT tire. I mean, some folks are raving that it is a quantum leap from other DOT tire choices. I'm not arguing this position but I sure as heck am gonna try em! One friend told me most racers couldn't even tell the difference in the supurb characteristics of this tire if he went onto a track not knowing he had Rosso Corsas instead of slicks! They are not cheap, but I never have and never will choose a tire soley because "it's cheaper". As amazing as the black Superbyke was (to me) last Summer, it's reintroduction is gonna be so cool with all the stuff I've done including these tires, I love Winter but Spring's gonna be great!

We'll have to wait till Spring for the twisties and track days to know but in terms of bling only, what a beautiful lookin things these tires are! In the pics below, notice it's sidewall, general appearance and profile, especially when placed surface to surface against a track slick. Want prices and more specs? Just Google "Pirelli motorcycle tires".

Also know, Pirelli names some other of their hipo tires (like OEM Ducati skins) "Diablo Rosso"....it ain't the same tire! As usual, more later! Doyle

IMG_0008 (5).jpg

IMG_0009 (5).jpg

IMG_0010 (5).jpg

IMG_0011 (5).jpg

IMG_0012 (6).jpg

IMG_0013 (6).jpg

I like your experiment Doyle! Let us know what you think after a few track days.

I have romped many Pirelli tires in the past and as far as I know Pirelli has never made a bad tire. We raced on Pirelli tires until the dunlop N-tec's arrived. I have no experience on these tires so I have no opinion. We have a few street guys that ride these tires and I've not heard any complaints nor have I picked up any crashed bikes on these tires that I recall.

The latest Pirelli race tires are hanging with the big boys, no problem. Pirelli tires have the track record at Portland International Raceway.

However, I am assuming your friends are comparing the Rosso Corsa to the Pirelli Superbike Pro slick which is produced as a track day tire. I have romped the Superbike Pro Slick and I would prefer the Dunlop Q2 by far. I seriously doubt upper level racers would be comparing this street tire with a Pirelli Super Corsa Slick.

Keep us informed on how these Rosso Corsa's perform for you. I'm sure they will be an upgrade over your michelins.

I like your experiment Doyle! Let us know what you think after a few track days.

I have romped many Pirelli tires in the past and as far as I know Pirelli has never made a bad tire. We raced on Pirelli tires until the dunlop N-tec's arrived. I have no experience on these tires so I have no opinion. We have a few street guys that ride these tires and I've not heard any complaints nor have I picked up any crashed bikes on these tires that I recall.

The latest Pirelli race tires are hanging with the big boys, no problem. Pirelli tires have the track record at Portland International Raceway.

However, I am assuming your friends are comparing the Rosso Corsa to the Pirelli Superbike Pro slick which is produced as a track day tire. I have romped the Superbike Pro Slick and I would prefer the Dunlop Q2 by far. I seriously doubt upper level racers would be comparing this street tire with a Pirelli Super Corsa Slick.

Keep us informed on how these Rosso Corsa's perform for you. I'm sure they will be an upgrade over your michelins.

I will Steven. (BTW, I was wondering how you were going to weave in a comment about how Michelins suck!).....(I've pretty much given up on em as well btw)

Nice! A friend of mine just mounted a set of these on his Daytona 675. We scrubbed them in a couple of weeks ago but I don't have any feedback from him on the yet. He has some track days scheduled for the spring so we will see. :)

I will Steven. (BTW, I was wondering how you were going to weave in a comment about how Michelins suck!).....(I've pretty much given up on em as well btw)

I have paid my dues on Michelins and I don't really care to go back there!

I'll chat with the guys on Rosso Crosa's when spring track days begin and see what sort of feedback I can gather. I'll also pay close attention to those unfortunate souls who crash on them (If any).

After you've given them a good spankin on the track take a photo of the tread for us.

Doyle (Merry Christmas by the way) that second photo down in your OP, is that a slick or a well worn out DOT tire? :shocked:

Doyle (Merry Christmas by the way) that second photo down in your OP, is that a slick or a well worn out DOT tire? :shocked:

Steven! do you really think I'd let a DOT tire run that low?! Naw, it's a Michilin slick (just never took them off after August)...the pic was just to compare edge to edge shapes. Merry Christmas too! (will do re: the future track wear pics). Doyle

Back