Got my first busa

Busamanny

Registered
<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'></span><span style='font-family:comic sans ms'></span><span style='color:darkblue'></span>
I just got my first Busa and it runs kind of hot, i heard that if i put a double fan from a Suzuki T1000 it will help and there's no modifying needed for it to fit. Has anyone tried this? Does anyone have any other ideas? Also, is it normal when you are cruising at idle speed for it to rev up and down and have to balance it out with the clutch? I called the dealer where i bought it and they say it's normal, that i should just clutch it out, That it is the injectors compensating, is this a bunch of bull...? The day i took it out of the dealer it overheated, it had to be brought back to the dealer within the hour, they said that some Busas get a bubble in the radiator when they are new. It has not overheated since but i'm afraid that the idle problem might have to do something with this. One last thing, the wind deflector vibrates a lot, is this normal?
You can private message me with your feedback, and it would be much appreciated. Thanx!

Congrats and welcome! Post up pics of your bike. The overheating could have been caused by air in the system, but would have to know more about what happened to help determine. Not sure about the revving problem, though.

Congrats on the bike. As far as the overheating I've heard that the bikes come to the stealership dry and they fill all the fluids. Some don't fill the radiator correctly and the bike will overheat. Correct me if I'm wrong guys. But I've not heard of the revving problem.

Thanx 4 the quick responses. It's not like the revs are going crazy, but it goes up and down enough that when i'm in slow traffic i have to play around with the clutch. It fluctuates from 900 to 1100 rpm's, the guy who sold me my busa has a gixxer1000 and he says that the same happens to him on his, that it is the injectors trying to compensate. But you know how salesmen are. I just had a Scorpio alarm installed in this dealer and i had to read the instructions to set it up. They had no clue how to work it after they installed it and it was activating itself while i was riding and would shut off the engine while i was cruising. At the same time i had them install the sliders, and they perforated one of the sides all wrong and now i have a huge gap on one of the sides. At least they ordered a new furring, but c'mon, 2 things i have done and two problems with them, not to mention the overheating!
And this is a known dealer here in Miami, it's not like i'm bying it down in some third world country, u know!

Congrats on the Busa and Welcome to the Board !!

I know that rolling in traffic @ idle speed , mine isn't exactly smooth . It wants to surge ....and U gotta play the clutch to keep it smooth .

Also my windscreen has the vibration too . It's coming from the plastic caps on the bottom tips .....I'd like to know how to get rid of the noise myself .

Well, i heard there's a double bubble wind screen that substitutes the original one but i just wanted to find out if anyone else had the same problem.

<!--EDIT|Busamanny
Reason for Edit: None given...|1139495474 -->

Line the "lip" of your screen with electric tape, helps bunches with the buzzing. Sounds like you may want to supervise the work you have done at that dealer. Good luck, it'll be worth it shortly.
smile.gif

Congrats on the bike
smile.gif
. Mine also has the idle fluctuation, only way to fix it is to re-map or synch the throttle bodies or both. Either way I think it is normal in that quite a few do the same thing.

Welcome!.....before you do anything else with that idle fluctuation, raise your idle speed to 1200RPM. Doing that on day one of my new 05 back in May cured simialr symtoms that you have.

Congrats on the Busa ................... Welcome to the Board !!
smile.gif

welcome aboard
smile.gif
the electrical tape is a good fix and yes the overheating is mostly caused by the air in system. raise the idle that should help with the surging

Injectors trying to compensate for what?
rock.gif

Idle should be around 1,100-1,200. I've balanced my throttle bodies and I use the "choke" lever to keep the revs up until the engine's warm. Haven't had any problems with hesitation or surging.

If it continues to have the problem I'd suspect throttle synch or possibly an air leak or fueling issue (or a nervous new owner goosing the twistgrip?
smile.gif
)

The windscreen rattle can be fixed with tape as described by hbr-06busa.

Welcome to the board.

Sorry
sad.gif
about your problems, but I think
wink.gif
your gonna LOVE it
smile.gif
once everything is corrected
tounge.gif

Back