Got Insurance Bill In Mail Today----Shocked !!!

NATIONWIDE...$110/YR $300,000. LIABILITY. NO COLLISION, iLL PAY FOR PARTS IF i DUMP IT AND IF i GET HIT,IM SUEING ANYWAY:whistle:

BTW, YOU HAVE TO TELL THEM ITS A "SPORTS TOURING BIKE" NOT A CROTCH ROCKET!!1 THEY WERNT GONNA COVER IT UNTIL i TOLD THEM THAT

+1 State Farm, we should get an accountant to make a table & pin it, too much disparity.

I think I'm around 600 for full coverage with my points cooling off... Strom is about 87$

Its a crap shoot...you could walk in and get a quote of $300 a month from an agent and then go back in the same day and talk to another guy in the building and get quoted $600 a year. Insurance is almost ****ing pointless because they screw you 50% time

we should get an accountant to make a table & pin it, too much disparity.

Yep, thats because many factor's go into it, such as :

- home owner
- other vehicles and/or home insured w/ same ins company
- credit score
- zip code / location
- year-round use states versus winter states with lay-up time

I have Rider Ins up here in Jersey. I think full was about $2,000. I'm not sure if they cover down there, but I'm sure it would probably be cheaper than that for you, since NJ Ins rates are horrible!

Seriously..... with the number of people and bikes this forum alone sends to State Farm..

We should be sponsored, and get a damn bigger discount yet!!!

:cheerleader::cheerleader:

Glad it's not just me. Bought an 06 Busa, called and got full coverage insurance and a bill for $1,120 a year from American Family! I'm 42 years old., no tickets since i was 16 and one minor accident 8 years ago (not on a bike). Time to go shopping for house, truck, jeep, unimog, car, car and bike insurance!!!

State Farm!!!!!!

I left them and passed on other companies to go with them. Plus moved everything else to them.

meh, Im 21 years old with one moving violation on my record from when i was 17. Finding someone to insure me was the hardest part. Finally had to go with some smaller insurance company under the State-farm umbrella. Arizona Agriculture. Looking at about a grand a year for liability, which i thought was ok considering the fact i couldn't find anyone willing to insure me in the first place. I was told it will drop significantly in a recent letter from them, they were pretty much offering me full coverage at the same price for this year. I also was told that because i payed the bike in full when i purchased, it made me less of a liability. Should be an interesting few years to see how they treat me ha.

edit: this is for my 08 busa, no wrecks on my record just one ticket for 55 in a 50.

Last edited:
I have been obtaining quotes for hubby's Busa over the last couple of months. We were with State Farm, but have now switched to GEICO. It is very laughable at how much of the monthly payment is for the Busa vs my SV650. Dairyland gave me a quote that almost made me fall out of the chair.

self insured? No such thing anymore,thought that went away in the early 90's
how do you get registration without proof of insurance???

live in a state where insurance is only required when the bike isn't paid off. mine's paid for, good thing too, i can't afford 500 bucks a month for insurance.

The price difference is normally attributed to the loss history on that specific type of risk for that area and for that specific company, along with a few other factors. If "x" insurance company has paid out some heavy losses on Hayabusa's in your area then they will jack the rate up high enough so you'll do exactly what you did, leave. It sounds cold, but they are a business just like any other, to offer a service and make money. If they continue to loose money they have to shut the doors just like everyone else. It's a business of statistics.

Best advice on here was to shop around. If "y" company hasn't experienced the same type of losses as company "x" they will write the same risk with same coverages at a much lower rate. This is why I tell my friends to continously shop their insurance prior to every renewal. You may find you can literally save hundreds, sometimes thousands, a year by doing so.

Insurance is a very misunderstood product. A company can instantly use up the premiums paid by many policyholders for just one bodily injury claim. It's not the cost of replacing the bikes that run up the premiums, it's all the medical bills and law suits that can run all of our premiums up. Insurance companies are also regulated by the state DOI which must approve of the rates they are charging you.

This is another reason I get ill everytime I see some squid riding wheelies down the street with no helmet on. As soon as he gets hurt and files a claim all of us will end up paying with higher premiums.

Back