Got Insurance Bill In Mail Today----Shocked !!!

Allways good to shop around about 1 x per year. But service is important too. I have had my busa with State Farm for a while now, price and service are great. A couple years ago when I hit the deer they were on it and had a check to me in a week + I was reimbursed for a new $700 Arai.

Now on the other hand Farmers insurance really gave me the run around and around when I had a hit and run on my wifes car. So now State Farm has my bike, Cars and home covered, and price was only $50 more per year than Farmers.

Don't get it switched to Dairyland 2 years ago from Progressive and I pay about 380 yr/ full.

Sure hope they don't try that kind of price hike with me .

Man, i feel pretty good about my rates...

I have 1 ticket for 5mph over in a 65 zone...

coverages are 100k/300k w/ 500 deductable... excellent credit... have house, all cars through them.... medical payments, under/un-insured motorist, etc etc....

and i'm paying less per month for that, than some people do for their liability coverage...

btw... 29yrs old

can't believe some of the rates you guys are getting stuck with.... i would cry...

I had Progressive and was paying $1200 a year. So I swithed to Geico for $970 a year. I have good credit but it also depends on your location

My take on insurance is they are all fricking thieves...I was with Progressive and was paying 1800 first year on the busa..Ok been through this before 1 st year on a big bike it expensive second yead price gets cut in half.... I got a dam ticket and the jumped my 1800. to 5800.00.:moon:. that is over a 1/3 of the price of the BUsa WTF. Any hoot I let progressive run out and told them to go Fk themselfs and went back to Mcgraw at 1400 first year..Go figure.... This is why people dont get insurance..

$1320/year with State Farm. 22 y/o and a few speeding tickets. Maybe I should go shopping again. Haven't looked around since I bought it back in late 07. But state farm was about the only place I could even get a hold of. The only other offer I had was $3800 a year. I don't even remember what company it was, but my friend is with them and he gave the name/number of his agent. Oh, and that $3800 was for a 750. I don't even want to know what the busa would have been. . .

Progressive wanted $4000 for liability only. Got it from Geico for $1800. I'm 29 and my last moving violation was almost 7 years ago.

I tried getting quotes from Nationwide, Allstate, and State Farm but they all said they didn't offer motorcycle insurance in Mississippi.

I've had several of my motorcycles insured through Dairyland Insurance over the last year with no real drama (was with Allstate prior). Well, I got my 2010 renewal last night in the mail for my Hayabusa and just about fell on the floor when I saw a bill for $4000 for full coverage---and they wanted 1/3 of it paid in full prior to renewal. I almost fell blew a gasket. So I called and asked them why it was so much, and they basically told me "well, sir that is just the way it is on sportbikes". Then I asked them about how my Ducati could be $1100 per year, which is a much more expensive bike and is a lot more costly to repair and replace....and they had no answer. I'll be switching back to my former provider today.

This is crazy considering that I'm a 40 year old man with 25+ years of riding experience, several riding schools under my belt in the last year, and only one speed camera ticket for doing 47 in a 35 MPH in the last two years. These companies must not give a crap about keeping customers.

Thought you would find that amusing.

That is ironic. One of the reasons why I purchased motorcycle is that in the state of Washington, insurance is not required unless you are financing it. I don't carry any insurance on any of my bikes. If I have to pay that much I rather suffer and commute in my car to go to work...

I am 30 and have a bad driving record from when I use to street race when I was younger and I don't get screwed that bad!

$4000 for a bike a crazy! My origanl insurance company quoted me for $3k. It was going to pay it until I searched around and now much just a little over $500(Full Coverage with $100 deductable). Im so glad I decided to search around.

IM woth Goblinsix, nobody wants to insure me. Liability only cost me $500+ per year, i im lucky to have that. Thats with Progressive, state farm just laughed at me:laugh:

I am with Allstate. I paid about $1550 last year ($500 deduct). Renewal was about $1500. I decided to get liability only $138 for the year and self insure the bike. It is garaged, and I don't leave it alone for very long. I think I will use the savings for a pager alarm and a Roadlock. The bike is paid for in full. If I got in an accident, replacing the bike would be the least of my concern.

Well...welcome to the wonderful world of Busa. Unfortunately there is no Marlin Perkins to send Jim in to rescue you...but many folks have found great insurance with others. Geico was going to charge me 4K for insurance...but and a big but...Progressive is 330/year. Shop around there is better my friend.

Well I pay about $1000 a year with Viking Ins. ( yes shame on me no name company) but it just went down this year full coverage $500.00 comp and collision and my lowest limit is 50,000 for just property damage. Seems like staying out of trouble for a few years is finally paying off.

Back