Got Insurance Bill In Mail Today----Shocked !!!

goblinsix

Registered
I've had several of my motorcycles insured through Dairyland Insurance over the last year with no real drama (was with Allstate prior). Well, I got my 2010 renewal last night in the mail for my Hayabusa and just about fell on the floor when I saw a bill for $4000 for full coverage---and they wanted 1/3 of it paid in full prior to renewal. I almost fell blew a gasket. So I called and asked them why it was so much, and they basically told me "well, sir that is just the way it is on sportbikes". Then I asked them about how my Ducati could be $1100 per year, which is a much more expensive bike and is a lot more costly to repair and replace....and they had no answer. I'll be switching back to my former provider today.

This is crazy considering that I'm a 40 year old man with 25+ years of riding experience, several riding schools under my belt in the last year, and only one speed camera ticket for doing 47 in a 35 MPH in the last two years. These companies must not give a crap about keeping customers.

Thought you would find that amusing.

Goatkart is right... I have had them now for years... the first year 2000 I had my Busa I paid 2700. with my other company I had. They would not give me a better price so they lost my 3 trucks, two cars, house and three cycles to insure... their loss$$$

huh, maybe its area specific. I got my dairy land bill about 2 weeks ago and it actually went down for this year @ 1062 for the year.
28 years old and one 1 x 11 over speeding ticket about 2 years ago.

the insurance company we have wouldnt even cover the busa...so i said...figure out a way to cover it or lose the house, cars, life, ect....next day i had a quote for 480$ full coverage for year...btw gen one owners if they go by engine cc...tell them its 1299cc when u hit 1300cc some rates go up

:shocked:

I'm 23 and even I don't get raped that bad. Good luck bro. :thumbsup:

Come down here to Miami an watch what happens :laugh: 4000 that s 3000 cheaper than the quote I got here :laugh: 42 yrs old zero tickets in the last 6 years an that one 6 years ago was a non moving violation. They would have to go back 11 years to find a moving violation on me.

North Potomac, MD 53 years old 1 moving violation 5 years ago (47 in a 35) $530.81 full coverage with State Farm and that includes upping the liability coverage(s) to the maximum to support my umbrella policy and a $500 deductable. Make the switch, Dairyland quoted me almost $3K when I first got the bike and was shopping insurance trying to beat State Farm's rates. :thumbsup:
Good luck.
-Jim

Call Scott Covington @ Statefarm, his office in Beltsville, 301-937-7772. The last quote I got was around 550.00. If he is not there ask for Mellisa or Lisa, can't remember her name, but I spoke to her last week about my Busa, she is very polite and will hopefully give you a reasonable quote. If she asks for my name it is Orvell.

Last edited:
if you think about it they hope you leave.,

If you pay for insurance for 1 or 2 years and dont have a claim then they jack up your premiums and you leave...they profited....no loss on you.

Call Scott Covington @ Statefarm, his office in Beltsville, 301-937-7772. The last quote I got was around 550.00. If he is not there ask for Mellisa or Lisa, can't remember her name, but I spoke to her last week about my Busa, she is very polite and will hopefully give you a reasonable quote. If she asks for my name it is Orvell.

Thanks sir....will do.

I have DLand and pay 650 / year for both my 08 Busa and 07 FLHTC Harley. How is your credit?

Good luck, I'm sure you can find much cheaper prices than what they are robbing you for~!~

23 with 19 speeding tickets since I was 16 (not proud of trust me :( ) I have progressive liability coverage is $36 per month. Full coverage would have been over 8000 a year:shocked:

Back