got 7 years for legally owned fire arms?

He'll have to request to have his rights repatriated as well as have his record expunged (cleaned) .

I would say that's GOV Christie covering his bets on this guy (as I would). IF the kid keeps his nose clean, in a few years he'll get his record expunged. The Governors get all kinds of requests for clemency or pardon - and they have to be careful and cautious because ONE mistake is a career ender..

No, I'am not ignoring anything. But what I have heard on the News was that he CALLED the Police and told them he was moving back to Colorado. And, what was the legal way to transport the weapons. He complyed with their instructions and was arrested. His mothers call doesn't mean much to me, since they did not use that in the court case against or for him. To me it's very simple. He was a law biding citizen and has the right to own and transport his weapons based on what the Law Enforcement Laws say (assuming - and I guess here you can say he made his mistake by believing the Police- they know what they're talking about) :beerchug: .

I hae seen nothing of the claim he was moving on Jan. 2, back to Colorado.....how could he be moving if he was supposed to have visitation with his son, and after being denied this he left, his mothers house in an emotionally unstable state?

Please post a link that supports the claim he was moving back to Colorado.

according to this page, he went above and beyond nj law for the gun storage. and the hollow point bullets are also legal:

Brian Aitken Follows New Jersey Gun Laws and Now Faces 7 Years in Prison :: The 912 Project Fan Site

Morley also didn’t let the jury know that Aitken had called police in advance to make sure he was transporting his guns properly.

seems like a propaganda site....they ignore the fact that he was not moving to a new residence, which is an important part of the state's law.

Now, that's an example of lack of common sense on the part of the arresting officer and the courts.

Way to go mom, now you'll learn to keep your mouth shut.

Have no idea how the conversation went between mom and son. :dunno:

Talks of suicide or worse murder suicide shouldn't be taken lightly. If you want to check out I am kinda flexible, but sometimes in divorces and the ex is still sticking needles in the body, people flip and decide not to go alone.

seems like a propaganda site....they ignore the fact that he was not moving to a new residence, which is an important part of the state's law.

his father stated he was in the process of moving, multiple trips over a few months.

but another site indicated that the moving thing was a cover story. the real reason for the guns in the car was that his room mate had a party and he didn't want to leave his guns hanging around the house.

either way, it seems bogus to not allow guns to be in a vehicle. He wasn't hurting anyone. Just because something is law, doesn't make it right. In FL you can do it all day long and don't need a permit.

his father stated he was in the process of moving, multiple trips over a few months.

but another site indicated that the moving thing was a cover story. the real reason for the guns in the car was that his room mate had a party and he didn't want to leave his guns hanging around the house.

either way, it seems bogus to not allow guns to be in a vehicle. He wasn't hurting anyone. Just because something is law, doesn't make it right. In FL you can do it all day long and don't need a permit.

Maybe he should have moved to FL.

He is a grown man, he called to get the needed info. and then made the choice to break the law.....personal responsability?

is the law just? I don't know and I really think that is something the people of the state of New Jersey need to decide for themselves.

States Rights?

I hae seen nothing of the claim he was moving on Jan. 2, back to Colorado.....how could he be moving if he was supposed to have visitation with his son, and after being denied this he left, his mothers house in an emotionally unstable state?

Please post a link that supports the claim he was moving back to Colorado.

I heard it on both FOX and CNN News Reports that he was moving back to Colorado and that's why he called the police about the transporting laws :beerchug:

Although both reports were really about how the Governor has released him in time for Christmas with his Family :thumbsup:

The problem I have is the guy broke the law, he claims he called to verify what he needed to do. So he was aware of the laws, he chose to break the law.

this kind of brings up another issue.

States Rights.

Does the State, have the right to enact gun control laws/restrictions? Do I and other citizens of a state live as we see fit, without outsiders imposing thier beliefs upon us?

No the States don't unless it is something exeptional. Supreme Court already dealt with this. The State should not EVER be involved in gun control. Better a thousand dead on our streets than our right to bear arms be infringed in any way. Some rights/issues are above the individual.

Back