GoPro HD Video Conversion SOLVED (I hope!)

I have Adobe Elements 7 for editing and it's a killer program. Does some really cool stuff that you won't get with window's movie maker.

I also have a pinecle program for uploading DV etc. and it gives me the option of uploading the material in AVI.

I have Mike Sullivan's entire racing career on VHS that I am converting and editing into what appears to be five dvd's. Have the first two dvd's complete and they turned out semi-professional. Adobe has Premier Elements 8 now. However, Elements 7 is quite impressive, 8 should be even better! :beerchug:

Steven, I have Premier Elements 8, but it would not edit an .mp4 file. However, using the steps above I converted using Quicktime Pro to .avi which will then edit pretty good in Premier Elements AND WMM.

The below is the same .avi file as above, posted thru Elements 8 directly to Youtube. Compare to the others....

Click up to watch in HD mode. It converted pretty dang good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like you have it figured out! The youtube video looks much better than what one usually gets off You Tube!

I'm going to make a video for my family with my sony camera and worry about how to share M2TS video with my friends. So I searched internet and found a best hd Video Converter for Windows 7 which could convert my Sony high definition videos to MP4 formats and played them on my iPod.

Back