GoPro Hero HD Ride Video!

Awesome video!

I was thinkin about getting the HD after xmas, so all the extra info on here is much appreciated. But video doesn't play well on XP/Vista? That'd be a bummer haha...don't think I could talk the wife into a new pc just so I can watch video haha

I think maybe I should reconsider, you all seem pretty PC intelligent. Me, not so much :p

:whistle:
Awesome video!

I was thinkin about getting the HD after xmas, so all the extra info on here is much appreciated. But video doesn't play well on XP/Vista? That'd be a bummer haha...don't think I could talk the wife into a new pc just so I can watch video haha

I think maybe I should reconsider, you all seem pretty PC intelligent. Me, not so much :p

Good excuse for a new 'puter!

The older GoPro used .avi as default format which was more friendly to XP. But the image quality of the HD model makes it worth the headache, unless you are ONLY going to use it for posting to Youtube.

Having said that, if you decide you only want the regular model, I've got a used one that I'd sell....:thumbsup:

I was going to invest in a GoPro HD but them being so new the price is still full retail. Amazon sent me an $80 code off the VHoldr HD and a generic $100 code so I was able to snatch up the VHoldr HD, an extra battery and a new 16gb Class 4 transflash card shipped for under $100. I'm hoping the video clarity is as good as the GoPro! :thumbsup:

I was going to invest in a GoPro HD but them being so new the price is still full retail. Amazon sent me an $80 code off the VHoldr HD and a generic $100 code so I was able to snatch up the VHoldr HD, an extra battery and a new 16gb Class 4 transflash card shipped for under $100. I'm hoping the video clarity is as good as the GoPro! :thumbsup:

We'll be waiting for the review!

We'll be waiting for the review!
Will do! :thumbsup: The one thing I liked about it over the GoPro is the compact size. I believe there's also a housing available for it like the GoPro has to make it waterproof. I saw a video of a guy doing a trackday that went down on his VHoldr and it took one heckuva whollop and didn't skip a beat. That's the only other thing that concerned me with the GoPro was the way they typically stick out....but the video quality so far from what I've seen is nothing short of outstanding! You gotta post up some slow mo stuff after filming that in 60fps....should look really nice! Have you tried Vegas for your video editing yet? Not sure if it can do the slo-mo but I would think that's kind of a basic feature for software these days.

Last edited:
Will do! :thumbsup: The one thing I liked about it over the GoPro is the compact size. I believe there's also a housing available for it like the GoPro has to make it waterproof. I saw a video of a guy doing a trackday that went down on his VHoldr and it took one heckuva whollop and didn't skip a beat. That's the only other thing that concerned me with the GoPro was the way they typically stick out....but the video quality so far from what I've seen is nothing short of outstanding! You gotta post up some slow mo stuff after filming that in 60fps....should look really nice! Have you tried Vegas for your video editing yet? Not sure if it can do the slo-mo but I would think that's kind of a basic feature for software these days.

I downloaded and tried both the Vegas and the Premier elements demo versions; neither one of them worked worth a crap on my XP machine. I used same source file with my dad's Win 7 machine and it worked like a charm...my XP machine has pretty good horsepower, it's just the dang codec issues...

I'm running what I shot on a cheap PNY 8 gig card thru a converter but it is not lookin too good.

Also I tired loading the card direct to my PC and my new Panasonic Plas and nuthin comes through. I am thinking there is an issue with the card.

Still researchin... :(

I'm running what I shot on a cheap PNY 8 gig card thru a converter but it is not lookin too good.

Also I tired loading the card direct to my PC and my new Panasonic Plas and nuthin comes through. I am thinking there is an issue with the card.

Still researchin... :(

Man, between my thread and this one it sounds like you're havin a pretty tough time with it. I hope you get it figured out soon. Do you have the HD Hero or the standard one? Have you connected the camera to a TV to see if at least that works?

I have both; the Regular was simple; it's default format is .avi used widely by Windows Movie Maker. I finally purchased the retail version of Adobe Premier Elements, mostly to get about 2 hours of Tech support in order to get the codecs fixed so it would work. It still won't work a 2GB original file and trying to figure out how to break it up into pieces. Since it's been too cold to ride I've got no footage to work with. Oh yeah, plays on TV fine.

Nice crisp picture. I may have to invest in this new gadgit?

How does it function at high speeds? At a buck sixty does it get shakey?

I'm thinking the same. Been talking to Tim. I'd say high speed runs behind windscreen.

Man, between my thread and this one it sounds like you're havin a pretty tough time with it. I hope you get it figured out soon. Do you have the HD Hero or the standard one? Have you connected the camera to a TV to see if at least that works?

I have the new HD. and a PNY 8gig 4 card. Havent tired the camera to tv yet. I loaded most of the 1 hour vid i took but I had to run it through a converter. Quality doesnt seem as good as what you guys have posted up and I havent even reduced it yet. I'll try and put something together today.

Also I ordered a Kingston 8g 4 last night.

I was thinking of trying windows 7 too.

Windows 7 Movie Maker Live will edit the default HD .mp4 without downgrading quality without issue I have tested it.

I'm thinking the same. Been talking to Tim. I'd say high speed runs behind windscreen.

Well being as I've seen footage taken from the body of an F1 car that was crystal clear, I'd say it would be just fine. Oh, and I stuck the suction cup mount to my kitchen table once and moved the table before the mount moved. . .

Last edited:
Back