GoPro Hero HD Ride Video!

skydivr

Jumps from perfectly good Airplanes
Donating Member
Ok, FINALLY, here is some Youtube video of a small ride I made about 2 weeks ago, using the new GoPro Hero HD. This video was shot in the 720P 60fps mode (for half speed editing) and a 16 x 9 format.

I just bought my dad a new Windows 7 PC (turned it on last night) and played the video using WMP without issue (still a big problem on a XP and VISTA machines). Man, it's CLEAR AS A BELL. You know how, when you watch some of those HD Cable channels of outdoor/nature stuff, you feel like you are looking out a window because it's so clear? Well, that's what this unedited output looks like. WOW! Can't wait to burn to DVD and try it on my TV!

I used a new Windows 7 version of Window's Movie Maker to edit. It also accepted .mp4 files natively (thank goodness finally!) and directly outputs to Youtube if you want it to (saves and uploads in one step). The finished product, in 16 x 9 is below. Go directly to Youtube and watch it there in HD mode. The resolution on Youtube is WAY lower than what the original looks like, but compare it to my other regular GoPro videos and you'll see a HUGE difference!

I am TOTALLY IMPRESSED with the GoPro Hero HD! Need some new skydiving video!

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice crisp picture. I may have to invest in this new gadgit?

How does it function at high speeds? At a buck sixty does it get shakey?

Well...since I wasn't going 160 on this video :moon: I don't know Steven :thumbsup:

And if I did, do you think I would post it? The trackday video at 120 on my other camera was pretty dang good. Why don't you come down here and show me :moon:

If you look at about 3/4 of the way thru the video, you'll see a shadow of my mounting point. I put a RAM mount ball on the end of my slider and it's mounted there.

If you look at about 3/4 of the way thru the video, you'll see a shadow of my mounting point. I put a RAM mount ball on the end of my slider and it's mounted there.

Oh, ok. That's pretty cool. What size card do you have in it? (I'm thinking about getting one. That's why I'm playing 20 questions, :laugh:)

Mine SDHC card is from my old GoPro Camera (2GB), it's not large enough for this camera.

There is another thread out there about what GoPro told me they use for recommended card: 16GB, Level 4 speed, Kingston SDHC

Yea, I saw that post, I was just curious what that one was cause after editing you still had almost 6 min. of video. I don't know how long the original recording was, but that's not too shabby for HD video on that small of a card.

i have been trying to get out on my bike to test this bad boy out. Welcome to windows 7.

Have you played with the time lapse stuff yet?

SWEEEET!

Thanks for sharing that video, as well as the information. :beerchug:

Yea, I saw that post, I was just curious what that one was cause after editing you still had almost 6 min. of video. I don't know how long the original recording was, but that's not too shabby for HD video on that small of a card.

My 2GB card held about 21 minutes, but I cut it way down and didn't work to edit too hard because it really wasn't that good of footage, and you've got to get down under 10 minutes for youtube. The youtube video doesn't do the original .mp4 justice. Oh yea, still can't burn original directly to DVD with Win7 software....don't want to run it thru a converter as it always seems to effect image quality.

No i have no idea how

you press the front button till the photo icon is blinking and it will take pics every x seconds. did this on my way to work today (2 hour drive in the cage) when i get home ill compile it and see how it looks.

I didnt know you had the fastest color too. Nashville ain't THAT far away.... just sayin:whistle:

My 2GB card held about 21 minutes, but I cut it way down and didn't work to edit too hard because it really wasn't that good of footage, and you've got to get down under 10 minutes for youtube. The youtube video doesn't do the original .mp4 justice. Oh yea, still can't burn original directly to DVD with Win7 software....don't want to run it thru a converter as it always seems to effect image quality.

Nero Vision has always worked good for me on getting to dvd format. It will also support Blu-Ray if i remember correctly.

Also, you can burn directly to dvd but you will not be able to play it on anything but a computer unless you convert it.

you press the front button till the photo icon is blinking and it will take pics every x seconds. did this on my way to work today (2 hour drive in the cage) when i get home ill compile it and see how it looks.

I didnt know you had the fastest color too. Nashville ain't THAT far away.... just sayin:whistle:

Oh, now I know what you meant. No I haven't done that yet still in awe of the video. I did set mine to 720 60 fps 16 x 9 best for slow pay.

I lived in Memphis for about a year, we have a branch location there. Just don't usually get to ride when going that way.

Still trying to figure out best way to get from chip to TV dvd with least loss of quality.

Back