GoPro Hero 8 on sale

I have a Hero 11 mini but I didn’t know it didn’t have the gps for the speed overlay. So I looked up which one does and the Hero 8 Black does so for $199 that’s a great deal. I don’t need the 5k. 4k is more than enough. I watched a video between all the models and I couldn’t tell the difference.

let me chime in
I have a 8 and have a vey hard time getting speed overlay to work correctly
have to turn on the gopro ahead of time and make SURE that GPS is locked
even then Gopro Quick will not turn it on
I have to run the file thru a utility then rename the original then paste the modified one in and name it what the old one was

Does anyone else with a 8 have this problem?
something other than quick to turn it on?

let me chime in
I have a 8 and have a vey hard time getting speed overlay to work correctly
have to turn on the gopro ahead of time and make SURE that GPS is locked
even then Gopro Quick will not turn it on
I have to run the file thru a utility then rename the original then paste the modified one in and name it what the old one was

Does anyone else with a 8 have this problem?
something other than quick to turn it on?
I have a 7 that requires these steps. GoPro treats the GPS-related features like an add-on that have to be placed onto the recording via proprietary software (I think it's GoPro Quik). But the 7 has always delivered, it just takes the extra steps listed above.

No matter what I have done I have to do it like that
and If I accidentally delete that unknown file gopro creates and links with the same file name I will NEVER get the GPS back on that file
this is the utility I have to use

I’ll figure it out eventually. Lol. I also got an apple AirTag and hid it on the bike. I actually forgot where I put it right now. Lol. But $30 a year is worth it.

I keep a page on my phone just for my bike stuff so I keep it there as I ride. My phone is Velcro’s to the tank.

300ECC04-F1DF-444D-9E44-0F612BB3D980.jpeg

Back